Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the bids are announced we'll get a better idea if Danny was asking for too much or if K2 was being cheap

Comment

It's in both of their interest to strike a deal. 75-25 is something Jacobs isn't going to go for. Would he go for 35? 30? WTF were they negotiating?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        No its ok....next fight

sit and wait at 160.

If Jacobs wants more money and vacates then oh well cause GGG didn't want to do the 60/40 or 70/30 cause he too wanted more money.
        Excusing the duck, figures. How do you know what Ggg wanted or offered, worthless?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          I don't know if really hurts Danny, he's already at the bottom of the food chain when his big fight with Quillin sold less than 8,000 tix and only drew 385k on tv, then he's fighting in Reading, PA in front of no one. He's currently being well overcompensated for all his annual fights. Getting KO'd by GGG ends his gravy train.

As for Blanco, it was Mendoza who said that.
          Mendoza said they'd mandate it right away? Even then, i'll wait until they actually mandate it to see if it happens. They always say they'll mandate a fight, littered all throughout even GGG's career.

As for Danny, he's crying about not being a star.... well here's why. If he doesn't take a fight, guess what, back to Reading with him. It hurts any growth in his career, he'll stay at the bottom and do nothing.
          Also Al on money saver mode... with all those low numbers, there's really no justification to keep compensating him the same amount. Why invest that much in Danny when a guy like Thurman or spence can produce numbers or 2 fighters fighting each other that'll produce good numbers? Maybe two years ago, but maybe not now

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Excusing the duck, figures. How do you know what Ggg wanted or offered, worthless?
            Like i said the fight isn't called off yet.

Comment

You're quick to excuse the GGG duckage of Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Like i said the fight isn't called off yet.
                That's not how you entered this thread. Ok, you may scurry away now

Comment

That's not how you entered this thread. Ok, you may scurry away now
                  well if you see the duck right away then why can't i make a comment on it too.

Im holding out hope its still on but i can see so many of the GGG fans are excited for the "duck" and idea of Johnson or Blanco. Hey you get to keep saying he's being ducked while fighting no one. Congrats

Hold on to that dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Al doesn't have to pay GGG 75%. This is an open bid. Any promoter in good standing with the WBA can bid on the fight
                    ... Sure: in fact Al doesn't have to pay GGG at all, right? It's an "open bid": Al only has to pay himself and give nothing to the fighters, right?

Comment

then how come the WBC wanted to force a 55/45 purse split??

Comment

Working...
                      X