Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    might actually all be the same poster..............
    Eh I think these are different guys, it's a big world with lots of butthurt know nothing idiots. Though they likely run other alts, Kigali dozens.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Eh I think these are different guys, it's a big world with lots of butthurt know nothing idiots. Though they likely run other alts, Kigali dozens.
      hard to believe though that 3 people, all equally ******ed, all found their way to the same forum.......... lol

Comment

• I didn't read the thread, how has this been blamed on golovkin so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
          Significant in what way? I'm curious.
          Daniel Jacobs is the #2 middleweight boxer on the planet, and the fact that he has the seeming backing of Barclays Center sets the stage for a bidding war to host the fight in the strongest market for both fighters. On top of that, Daniel Jacobs would clearly be the best fighter that Golovkin has been in with as a professional, giving the free media folks (ESPN/sports radio/NYC radio/etc) a reason to churn on the fight, with Daniel Jacobs' personal story possibly being big enough to help crossover the non-sports audience, and you've got the makings of something.

People ignore the point, but Daniel Jacobs is an American fighter, born and raised in Brooklyn, NYC; Jacobs can push the fight on NYC radio, with banter across ESPN, and with a likeable relatability on daytime TV or late night (with no issues about any possible hangups with the English language).

Golovkin-Lemieux had near none of that (I've never seen Golovkin ever do a radio interview, let alone head to Hot97/ The Breakfast Club/ Sway in the Morning/etc to push anything), and was a far worse actual fight on paper.

Comment

• Somebody ignores the point that Danny Jacobs is an American fighter that most Americans don't give a rip about, as evidenced by his poor gate and rating numbers.

Wonder why Barclays Center didn't host Jacobs/Mora II???

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              GGG vs Jacobs is a bigger fight than Jacobs vs Quillan.

No sense denying it.
              Jacobs was overpaid. Haymon lost, or, invested money, as usual.

300k ratings. 8k seats sold.

So while this fight is bigger, the Jacobs purse should remain the same. If Haymon wants to lose money, ok, win the purse bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                who did they fight, genius
                Your claim is that K2 was targeting Brook from the get go, that Chris Eubanks Jr was a ruse. Where is your proof?

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Jacobs was overpaid. Haymon lost, or, invested money, as usual.

300k ratings. 8k seats sold.

So while this fight is bigger, the Jacobs purse should remain the same. If Haymon wants to lose money, ok, win the purse bid.
                  alot of that was papered......

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    All p4p top 5 worst posters here.

nah, the worst posters on this site have embarrassed themselves with blatant lies, flip-flopping, and hypocrisy.

You are still king LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                      I didn't read the thread, how has this been blamed on golovkin so far?

FACT: Team Golovkin could be doing more to make this fight.....

true, or false..... ?

because, the same applies to every single one of those 7 guys I mentioned earlier..... and that, is a fact.....

Team Golovkin did not have to make all of those silly excuses to avoid Ward, Mora, Lara..... the fact is, they COULD have taken those fights, but they CHOSE not to..... the (sometimes absurd) excuses, were completely unnecessary.

And if there is any truth whatsoever to the story that Gennady can make 154, then he COULD have negotiated on the weight with Cotto..... but again, for some strange reason, they CHOSE not to.

The same with Canelo, they simply could have taken the 10mil, and fought him..... just like Canelo did when he got offered 5mil to fight Mayweather.

And they could have offered Saunders/Jacobs more..... but, again..... they CHOSE not to.

FACT: ALL of those guys are better than anyone on Golovkin's resume...... so, to somehow (for some god-forsaken UNKNOWN reason) give Golovkin a pass for his underwhelming resume'..... is utter ******ity.

I expect to be conversing with adults, and I expect adults to hold a grown man 100% responsible - therefore accountable - for his words/actions/decisions.

Comment

Working...
                      X