No announcement yet.

Could Leonard beat Golovkin at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Leonard beat Golovkin at 160?

How would Golovkin vs Leonard at 160 play out?

Would Leonard be able to outbox GGG over 12 rounds? Maybe even stop him? Or would Triple G be able to cut off the ring and eventually knock Leonard out?
    Golovkin
    50.00%
    Leonard
    50.00%

Man, this site is getting outta hand

Comment

I never seen ggg with good fighter in the ring so idk Srl would probably outbox him .

idk

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        Man, this site is getting outta hand
        Why don't you answer the question, loser?

Comment

Leonard outboxes him early and earns Golovkin's respect in the mid rounds once GGG starts opening up and that's when Leonard will have some fun!

Leonard proceeds to be first at all times and drops GGG late and wins a clear UD!

Comment

Leonard out boxes him easily for a UD

Comment

I think GGG would KO Leonard. I thought Hagler beat Leonard even though Hagler fought one of the stupidest fights of his career. I believe he would have crushed Leonard in a rematch but Leonard flat refused to rematch him so Hagler retired in disgust. If you check the record you will see that Hagler KOed everyone he ever rematched. Hagler used the knowledge gained from the first fight and was deadly in rematches. GGG is famous for his power but he is also a great boxer with a terrific left jab when he needs to be. He was one of the best amateur boxers in the history of boxing. You can't pick your opponents in an amateur tournament. You only have 3 rounds to work so you can't knock everybody out. GGG couldn't possibly have the amateur record he has without excellent boxing skills to go with his power. GGG's great left jab and his skill at cutting off the ring combined with his punching power, iron jaw and all around boxing skills and ring IQ would give him the KO win over Leonard in my opinion

Comment

It's a popular opinion on NSB that someone who is defensive and has good movement (Lara, Floyd, Crawford, etc) will 'school' Golovkin, but I completely disagree. Golovkin's offensive fundamentals are absolutely terrific - he doesn't go off balance when playing the role of a hunter. When he hunts, he moves laterally, which most guys do not do.

For example, if you watched the Lara vs. Vanes Martirosyan fight, you can see that when Vanes was hunting Lara, he moved forward - which allowed Lara to escape and limited the number of times he got caught against the ropes.

Same thing played out in Crawford vs. Postol. Postol is a defensive fighter, and he was unable to hunt Crawford in any meaningful way. He just walked forward, Crawford danced away and hit him from an angle.

If you watch Golovkin fights, he's ALWAYS face-first with his opponent due to superior lateral movement. The most recent example was the Willie Monroe fight. When Willie was boxing outside, he got absolutely destroyed. When he tried to fight inside, he had much more success.
                Here's a video from Wilson Kayden breaking down the Monroe fight.

And I think that's the only way to beat Golovkin - you need to be bigger than him and exchange (Canelo), or be bigger than him and fight inside (Ward).

Comment

Leonard was no killer at 160 GGG stops him

Comment

obviously SRL 'could' beat ggg but would he? Probably not.

Comment

Working...
                    X