Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: Loeffler Tells The WBA a Purse Bid is Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As predicted Team Jacobs playing hardball. K2 seems confident in taking it to purse bid. The only thing I worry about when it comes to purse bid is the opposing side drop out of the fight if their promoter loses the bid.

I can see both Golovkin and Jacobs dropping their portion of the title if things don't go their way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Yeah I think this is the end for the chance to see Jacobs/Golovkin. I'm afraid Danny will lose the bid and vacate. Worse case, he doesn't decide to drop out until weeks after though, like Quillin did.
      That would suck. Does jacobs care about public perception though? Quillin was destroyed publicly for turning down that money and it seemed to mess him up mentally. Hopefully Jacobs mans up.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
        As predicted Team Jacobs playing hardball. K2 seems confident in taking it to purse bid. The only thing I worry about when it comes to purse bid is the opposing side drop out of the fight if their promoter loses the bid.

I can see both Golovkin and Jacobs dropping their portion of the title if things don't go their way.
        Golovkin will not drop his title. He has repeatedly stated his goal is all of the middleweight belts.

And this isn't similiar to the Kovalev purse bid stuff because Golovkin has more money behind him than Kov has with Main Events and this type of scenario is most likely addressed in Golovkin's contract with HBO and k2. K2 knew this type of thing could happen. My guess is that if k2 were to lose a purse bid, Golovkin would be free to fight on a different network...but that is only a guess and i dont think k2 would lose a purse bid anyway, unless a big money russian sneaks in.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
          That would suck. Does jacobs care about public perception though? Quillin was destroyed publicly for turning down that money and it seemed to mess him up mentally. Hopefully Jacobs mans up.
          Danny's probably not confident about his chances of winning. He must figure better to be like Canelo and Quillin, than end up like Wade or Rubio.

Comment

Damn I was making plans to go see this fight, hope Haymon doesn't pull Jacobs from the match up and makes him vacate.

Comment

so what if jacobs teams wins? will gg fight on showtime?

Comment

75/25? Dam

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  so what if jacobs teams wins? will gg fight on showtime?
                  That would depend on what is actually in Golovkin's contract, which I assume addresses the scenario.

But does showtime have that type of budget for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by churchmouse View Post
                    Rules are clear. Jacobs will claim they are slave wages, however, the percentage is likely to be his highest ever payday. Don't be stupid, Jacobs. Take the fight. Sign the contract.
                    The split of the bid is already set, with the winning bid controlling the full event.

Go to bids, put your best bid down on the fight, and hope to have your camp stage the fight in your favor (Barclays Center, on Showtime, etc) and make up any money on the event's upside.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                      didn't Broner turn down a 40million from Roc? Didn't Thurman turn down 6 million from Roc?

I doubt Quillion cared for 1.4 million from Roc with the Korobov fight. How much did he make against Andy Lee?

Notice what these three fighters have in common and PBC?

So this has nothing to do with Jacobs ''manning up.''

Comment

Working...
                      X