No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather(2007) VS Golovkin @ 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
    If Sage Mayweather and GGG Rated were in the same size and division, I got Floyd in a boxing lesson for the ages.

At 154, still leaning towards Floyd due to him being younger version and closer to his prime.
    Floyd didn't have an easy time with a much less talented, much easier deterred aggressor like Maidana, nevermind Castillo he should have lost to

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      Canelo ducked Golovkin, Golovkin ducked Ward. Tired of fanlboys protecting boxers.
      Who said anything about ducking? We were talking weight, you brought it up and now you want it to go away. Fine, back to airing your inferiority complex

Comment

GGG by KO is my vote. GGG should get a 8.5 for speed and a 10 for chin in my opinion. He can take a punch like nobody else at that weight. He has never been hurt in any fight. Mayweather was badly hurt by old Mosley and has been rocked by other boxers as well. Mayweather has and excellent chin but GGG has a much better one. Nothing Mayweather throws can hurt GGG while GGG has power to spare to KO Floyd. A good left jab troubles Floyd and GGG has a very accurate and powerful jab that he would be using overtime against Mayweather.

Comment

Golovkin By KO/TKO, of course.

If the Golovkin at 154 is the same one we see at 160, then Floyd's got no chance. Golovkin is just too powerful and he'll just walk right through Floyd's punches and rip his body to shreds.
          Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 10-05-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

in 154 GGG is no threath for floyd.if Floyd can take away gggs jab glovkin will have problems with setting anything.keep in mind that floyd have iron chin and ggg wont hit him clean.We dont know how ggg will feel in 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              lets rate them
              Power - Mayweather 5.5/10 - Golovkin 10/10
              Speed - Mayweather 10/10 - Golovkin 7/10
              Chin - Mayweather 10/10 - Golovkin 9.5/10
              Skill - Mayweather 10/10 - Golovkin 9/10

I've always said Floyd's power is underrated. He obviously was never a one hit guy, but he certainly has above average power when he sits on his punches. Anyways. Prime Floyd, not pot shotting Floyd, likely beats GGG in a pretty lopsided decision. Prime Floyd is a stylistic nightmare for GGG, factoring in the skill level, GGG's only real hope is to catch Floyd with something big.

Modern day Floyd gets taken out on a stretcher imo, even at 154 assuming no rehydration clause.

As to rating them I'm pretty much in agreement other than I would bump Floyd's power a bit to 6.5 and switch the chin ratings.

Comment

Hardwork and Medication

Is Floyd ("...my urine was dark, it was really dark.") allowed his prefight IV?

Comment

Another impossible fantasy fight. No one knows how a mid 30's GGG would be like dropping an entire weight class. Floyd's too big too safely drop to 140 (See the Marquez fight), so maybe GGG is too big to drop down to 154 safely too.

Comment

golovkin destroys him, even floyds dad said so which says it all, hes too big and too strong. Yeah brooks not as good as mayweather obviously but look at how GGG fought him, just used his size and power and walked him down. GGG would do the same thing to mayweather who would be even smaller than brook, would just walk him down. Canelo didnt use his size at all against mayweather, for some ******ed reason he tried to outbox him. GGG was sprinting towards brook at times cause he wasnt concerned about what was coming back, and hed do the same against mayweather.

Comment

you're basically just speculating about whether or not golovkin would be a dead man at 154 lbs. he beats floyd mayweather. he's just too big and strong. floyd would probably win early rounds with speed, but there's no way he's going to do enough damage to win rounds against a much bigger man who throws more punches and has a very active jab.

golovkin's actually a bad style for floyd, too. i know the flowmoes don't want to hear it, but it's the truth. golovkin would have a hard time with punchers. he's easy to hit. floyd would be doing all the things golovkin wants an opponent to do, like throw very few hard punches back in return and move away.

the WWs who would beat golovkin are the guys who could punch. ray leonard would probably knock golovkin out. i really believe that. he hits too hard, and golovkin's defense is too porous,

Comment

Working...
                      X