No announcement yet.

Analysis of Golovkin's Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    people will say its me being a fanboy but i genuinely give his power at 160 a 10/10. Pretty much all the fighters say his power is something else, apart from brook but getting wobbled in round 1, his reaction to the body shots and a fractured eye socket tell me otherwise. Stops every opponent, and theres not many clean shots he lands which dont seem to have a visible effect on the opponent, especially his body shots. As another poster says, i dont think he gets that many clean knockouts because his opponents are usually in retreat mode after first couple of rounds
    Sparring partners can say his power is something else, but fact is, he hasn't been laying anyone out cold. You could hear some of those thudding shots that were landing flush to Brooks face, and Brook took them well. I don't think Brook would have stayed up right had Jacobs landed the same shots. Golovkin seems to puncher harder to the body. Brook looked like he almost crapped his trunks when that left hook landed against the ropes. Also looked like he couldn't inhale for the next 30 seconds lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Russian Interview with GGG about the Ouma fight: http://www.boxing forum24.com/thread...ussian.520638/

Golovkin: The most important factor in this fight was my conditioning. The camp was very good. I was happy with everything. The problems started during our flight to Panama. We lost too much time in LA airport. At passport control there were sudden questions about my visa although I had both Schengen and US visa so I didn't have to have a Panama visa. The airport staff took my passport for two hours and I missed my flight. The next flight was available only the next day. And we then had issues with connecting flights. So we spent two days in airports and flights. All this time I couldn't have a proper rest or training. We arrived to Panama half an hour before the weigh in so we went there straight from the airport. And I felt exhausted. Off course we should have arrived earlier but we screwed. I didn't have an opportunity to rest and acclimatise. When it was time to fight I felt I wanted to sleep.
      My luggage went to Panama first whilst u stuck with my visa, so I could not shave myself.

Off course we could not allow ourselves to refuse to fight after everything that was done. I didn't think about tactics or skills, I just had to win. If you noticed I worked in a monotonous pace without trying to land accurate punches. No tactics. Who out-hustles the other. I hope fighters will think I am flawed and will stop avoiding me

Max Herman: GGG had visa issues and had to spend two days in airports/flights. He had to cut his weight in airport, and once in Panama his weight was less than Ouma's. On a fight day he was always sleeping exhausted after the trip. He could not recover, he had no power. He asked me to bring a cup of concentrated strong tea right before the fight.

Maxim Golovkin: Well we had Ouma as GGG's sparring partner for Proksa fight. Ouma felt overwhelmed and decided to leave the camp.
      Fact is, Ouma gave him probably his toughest fight, regardless of the excuses. They should be embarrassed even saying that an old, shopworn, small 154 pounder had to leave camp. Like that proves anything. smh

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
        Fact is, Ouma gave him probably his toughest fight, regardless of the excuses. They should be embarrassed even saying that an old, shopworn, small 154 pounder had to leave camp. Like that proves anything. smh
        Ouma fights at MW since 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          Ouma fights at MW since 2010.
          Ouma fought where he could get pay days. He wasn't a rated middleweight. He was a journeymen at that point. He took a tremendous beating from Jermain Taylor five years prior to fighting Golovkin. After the Taylor whoopin, Ouma went 2-7. There is no way that you can spin this man. lol
          Last edited by The Akbar One; 09-24-2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X