Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acceptable price for PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only PPV i actually bought was GGG-Lemiuex and it was 60 for the HD version which isn't so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      4K television sets are cheaper nowadays than they were 2 years ago. Almost everybody is buying a new set. That's just American TV culture. For those that don't want to buy a new TV can go to a friend's or family's home to watch a particular event in better resolution. Those people might not know the technical jargin about HD or 4K, but what they do know is, the instant quality of today's sets. Therefore, when a particular individual whether to brag or not invites his family or friends to watch an event, the pride in hosting it justifies he or she purchasing the event. He or she can also buy beer and food, OR, people will bring and share knowing he or she purchased the PPV event.

MOre importantly, if GBP and their Mexican star know that the can sell PPV at $65 bucks during ethnic holiday weekends that are unique to them, why does anybody else care? If it were $40 bucks like others say, then the difference of Mexican pride to add $25 more bucks is really a problem? Alvarez vs Smith was also $55 bucks for non HD, which is still a 720 stream. "HD" is 1080p provided by most cable providers. 4K bandwidth should hit soon by the end of next year.

Did I elaborate enough?
      720p is HD
      1080p is Full HD
      4k, or 3840p, is UHD (actually different, but same for comparison purposes)

Most of our television infrastructure is generally incapable of broadcasting 1080p, majority of the 1080p content that is available is either via on demand or services such as Netflix.

There's very little 4K capability today. If you're expecting 4K bandwidth to be available next year, you'll be sorely disappointed.

Anywho - I vote for $50 for HD.

Comment

$40 and I'm talking fights like Cotto-Canelo.

Anything lesser like Canelo-Smith or GGG-Lemeiux should not be anywhere near PPV. I don't care if the price is $10 or $15.

I already pay a subscription fee for HBO. But you also want me to pay for a fight that belongs on regular HBO? **** that.

Comment

May-Pac was a fight between two ATG's. $100 legit seemed reasonable, probably if it was earlier. $100 to watch two geezers throw 100 punches each wasn't worth it in retrospect.

Comment

$39.99
            $9.99 - $15.99 for internet pay per views

Comment

My family ordered every tyson ppv, every de la hoya ppv, every pacquaio and floyd ppv except for their last fights, the bradly rubbermatch and berto fight were the first fights i never ordered or my family never ordered from floyd or manny. We will be ordering pacquiao vs vargas, that is going to be a good scrap plus the undercard is stacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                Since NSB is full of businessmen, particularly those involved with PPV no.s/projections and percentages. What do you think is a acceptable price for a PPV fight?

Because $65 is a rip, and $100 for the may-PAC fight was incredulous. Who knows what they'll charge for Canelo-Golovkin, $150 with the virginity of my first born and the soul of my girlfriend's anus (long gone)?
                In a sport like boxing where we rarely see captivating fights anymore, I don't even think it's acceptable to pay for ANY fight. Boxing is in a terrible state. If it weren't for Kovalev/Ward we would be going a full year without a single great fight. I mean great as in two top fighters facing off.

Comment

I have no problem paying $79.99 for superfight in HD for instance May vs Pac, Ward vs Kovalev, Canelo vs GGG, everything else should be priced at $39.99 imo for instance Pac vs Vargas is $39.99 type of fight.

Comment

If you are paying subscription fee then fights should be FREE regardless of magnitude. They should make the rest of their money from advertising and not the consumer.

via GIPHY

Comment

Under $20 is a no brainer to buy.

$20 to $30 would think about but likely buy.

$30 or more... it better be a damn good fight and only if I have a big screen or a huge party around that event.

$50+ they are charging now? No freaking way, especially with how easy it is to stream nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                      X