Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesnt Canelo step up and fight Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward is fighting the no.1 guy in his divison a top two p4p fighter to establish a new no.1 not one person would rather see any other fight. Yourself included unless you're an absolute imbecile like your thread suggests.

Their is a reason Canelo shreds to make 154, he'll come unstuck exceptionally fast at 160 and we haven't even begin to talk about. 168 and 175 yet, comprende ?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      Canelo should step up and fight the winner of the Ward vs Kovalev fight. He claimed he was the best in the world so he should dare to be great and prove it.
      Good point, I'm a member of the demographic like Floyd and Bhop and I approve this message

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Ward and Canelo are closer in fight night weight than GGG and Ward, but i guess common sense is not on of your strengths? Nobody is asking Canelo to fight Ward, but you guys keep bringing that up and dont even realize when you've been countertrolled. Not a single ounce of intellect nor common sense the dear lord wasted on you.

Maybe one time you might be able to see beyond the dummygraphic bubble that is NSB and you realize the world is a little different out there.
        Bbbbbut Kcal Brook isn't natural 160
        Bbbbbut Kanelo isn't natural 160, 168 or 175
        Fcck you GGG move up to 175

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          The only people who are demanding that Golovkin move up to 175 to fight Ward-Kovalev winner are the obsessed detractors with their heads up their asses. I mean sure it would be awesome if Golovkin did take that on but its certainly not necessary and its better if he has a least a fight or two at 168 first.

Don't pay attention to those ignoramuses and don't make threads like this either, it only eggs them on.
          The bit in bold is something I have been saying for a long time. The fight would be interesting and I would like to see it but I cant help but think Ward would be able to manhandle and smother GGG with his obvious physical advantages. In a couple of other threads I said that GGG should not jump straight into 175 but should first test the waters at 168. He's not a massive middleweight to begin with so some of the guys at 168 could be a decent test for him.

The problem is that the people calling for him to jump straight into 175 without any preparation dont want to see a competitive fight but instead simply want him to lose. If they wanted a competitive fight then they would be pushing more for the Canelo fight to happen or for GGG to move up and fight any of Degale, Jack, Smith, Dirrel etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            The only people who are demanding that Golovkin move up to 175 to fight Ward-Kovalev winner are the obsessed detractors with their heads up their asses. I mean sure it would be awesome if Golovkin did take that on but its certainly not necessary and its better if he has a least a fight or two at 168 first.

Don't pay attention to those ignoramuses and don't make threads like this either, it only eggs them on.
            This.

I want to see GGG clear out 168 as he has 160, give him 2-3 year preferably less but with all the feet dragging you gotta be realistic, he'll be as ducked at 168 as he is at 160. Then a catch weight around 171-72 with Ward Kovalev winner before retiring, no shame in losing that potential, just giving the true fans what they want a clear indication who the true no.1 is between the top three guys in the sport right now. Then guys like Crawford Spence, Rigo and the others can take over.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
              Ward is fighting the no.1 guy in his divison a top two p4p fighter to establish a new no.1 not one person would rather see any other fight. Yourself included unless you're an absolute imbecile like your thread suggests.

Their is a reason Canelo shreds to make 154, he'll come unstuck exceptionally fast at 160 and we haven't even begin to talk about. 168 and 175 yet, comprende ?
              You clearly havent actually read and understood anything I said here. I'm not trying to get Canelo to fight Ward you moron, i'm pocking fun at people who say GGG should move straight up but ignore Canelo completely. Next time read everything before you respond...

Comment

You clearly havent actually read and understood anything I said here. I'm not trying to get Canelo to fight Ward you moron, i'm pocking fun at people who say GGG should move straight up but ignore Canelo completely. Next time read everything before you respond...
                Anybody expecting GGG to fight at 175 is a desperate loser hell bent on frustrations at the success of GGG. I couldn't agree more, you're right I skimmed over too fast I wasn't even replying directly to you more so the notion of the idea.

Comment

It's better and smarter for a boxer to be great in his proper weight class than it is for a boxer to try to be great in a weight class that is too heavy for him. That is a stupid thing to do and a great way for a good fighter to get beat.Look what happened to Brook, Khan and Donaire when they moved up one weight class too many. Canelo would be a gigantic underdog to Ward or Kovalev. They are equally good fighters pound for pound but they are much bigger and would easily beat Canelo. Maybe you are a guy who doesn't like Canelo and wants him to take a stupid fight he would certainly lose. He has smart people advising him so that won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Ward and Canelo are closer in fight night weight than GGG and Ward, but i guess common sense is not on of your strengths? Nobody is asking Canelo to fight Ward, but you guys keep bringing that up and dont even realize when you've been countertrolled. Not a single ounce of intellect nor common sense the dear lord wasted on you.

Maybe one time you might be able to see beyond the dummygraphic bubble that is NSB and you realize the world is a little different out there.
                    Golovkin vs Ward started when they were 1 divison apart. Then ward moved up and people still wanna see the fight.

Canelo and ward have never been 1 divison apart

Nice try tho

Comment

I guess I made the same mistake then.This business of a fighter being a coward for not fighting well above their best fighting weight is new school BS. It's a great achievement to be the best fighter in the world in your natural weight class. Nobody should ask a boxer to try to beat the best fighters in weight classes well above his best weight. Ward didn't go to 175 because he easily made 168 but wanted to dare to be great so he challenged Kovalev at 175. Ward's body left him no choice but to move to 175 long ago. His last fight at a weight limit of 168 was November 2013 damn near 3 years ago. He fought at 172 in his next fight in June 2015 so he couldn't make 168 anymore at the time he called out GGG in the media.

Comment

Working...
                      X