Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine Canelos PPV Numbers on Regular Dates and not the 2 biggest Mexican weekends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    This is the worst fail yet.

Golovkin-Brook wasn't even a PPV in the US, only Brits bought it for Kell.

Canelo sold over 300k several times outwith the Mexican dates.
    I already said that Canelo's popularity is taking a big hit, thats the whole point lol. He is losing fans massivley, back then if he fought Lara on the big weekends he would have done 400-500k. Now he does 270k on the biggest Mexican Holiday, total failure.

Also Brook sold 70k in his previous PPV and GGG vs Brook did over 500k. You just got owned buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      That guy actually supported my statement.

Isnt Angulo a Mexican warrior himself? Wasnt Lara the most dangerous fight for Canelo, everyone here praises Lara so much and Canelo only did a measly 300k, back when Canelo was seen as a fearless warrio.

How much would Canelo do NOW, back then Canelo was seen as a fearless Warrior, now Canelo is a little scared clown and a coward.
      Oh shut the hell up. No one knows who Angulo or Lara is besides hardcore boxing fans. They have little to no fan bases. Your thread was to "expose" Canelo and how he needs those dates to get those numbers when he actually did those numbers twice on two different dates with no big names. Before you try to twist **** and call me a "GGG hater", I have him beating Canelo if they ever fought. Stay in your lane cus it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

Imagine GGG fighting Liam Smith at Cowboy stadium. How many people would show up? Imagine Canelo going to the UK to fight Brook. It would be on PPV in the US as well as being sold for 17 bucks in the UK.

Comment

Jacobs is more known than Lemeiux. I would like to see what Jacobs -GGG would do on PPV. I think it would do 225K

Comment

To be honest 300k is not impressive at all when your promoter is running around telling everyone that you are the biggest star in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
              Canelo fought Lara and Angulo March/July 2014 and both sold 300K+
              KO by the 2nd post

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                KO by the 2nd post
                He koed himself and you at the same time.

He pretty much agrees with me that Canelo is stagnating massively. From doing 300k on regular dates he now does less than 300k on the biggest Mexican Weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Jacobs is more known than Lemeiux. I would like to see what Jacobs -GGG would do on PPV. I think it would do 225K
                  Lemieux was a more exciting and more popular fighter than Jacobs. Also Lemieux held a real belt.

Jacobs in his biggest fight did 267k Viewers on Showtime, and no that was not a PPV.

GGG has to carry that PPV by himself, but i hope its on regular HBO so more ppl can watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Lemieux was a more exciting and more popular fighter than Jacobs. Also Lemieux held a real belt.

Jacobs in his biggest fight did 267k Viewers on Showtime, and no that was not a PPV.

GGG has to carry that PPV by himself, but i hope its on regular HBO so more ppl can watch.
                    I still think 225k PPV buys is realistic for a Golovkin-Jacobs fight, GGG's profile has risen since last year and now holds 3 of the main belts as opposed to the 1 major one he had last year. Also I think Jacobs is seen as the biggest challenge to Golovkin at middleweight until Canelo makes the move up.

Comment

Lara and Angulo were considered competitive fights back then, Smith wasn't.

People want competitive fight, I don't know why fans keep defending these rubbish ppv fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X