Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe Jacobs has a chance to beat GGG or will he be another mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe Jacobs has a chance to beat GGG or will he be another mismatch

Based on the eye test, he has skills that could trouble GGG

the only question is how will his chin hold up or how tight he will be on defense

He is probably the most athletic middleweight since jermain taylor's era

He can get a little over aggressive but GGG will be coming to him

Definitely favor GGG, possibly by stoppage but with Jacobs speed and explosiveness he could clip GGG before danger.

how do you guys see it

About like you do.

Comment

I don't think he would do much different to others before him, but at least he is going in confident with enough fights/rounds under him. No injuries etc and he is a big MW as well.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

the only question is how will his chin hold up or how tight he will be on defense

Definitely favor GGG, possibly by stoppage but with Jacobs speed and explosiveness he could clip GGG before danger.

how do you guys see it
        No he doesnt.
        He is technically bad, look at the way he throw's his hooks ffs.

You are seeing something that isnt there im afraid, i like jacobs and his story is great, but you cant live off beating cancer all your career.

He has a punchers chance and that's it, considering golovkin's durability/chin, i would say even a punchers chance is pushing it...

His best chance is trying to do a quillen and just go hell for leather in the first round, swing for the fences and see how golovkin reacts.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

how do you guys see it
          Sergio Martinez was more athletic than Jacobs...I like Jacobs, I'm glad he persevered through his battle with cancer and I hope it never comes back but I can't see anything besides a lucky shot of him beating GGG...just seems like GGG is better at everything and Jacobs has been dropped and stopped before...

If he beats GGG then good for him, it would be the culmination of a great comeback story....

Comment

Already made a thread like this with a poll yesterday.

Jacobs has a puncher's chance. But he has to stop him early and he has to set a trap to get it done. Going balls to the wall is too risky.

Comment

He will be brutally fisted, just like last time he fought somebody of genuine quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                He will be brutally fisted, just like last time he fought somebody of genuine quality.
                GGG has yet to fight someone of genuine quality.

Jacobs fought Pirog when he was 23.

What was GGG going at that age?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Sergio Martinez was more athletic than Jacobs...I like Jacobs, I'm glad he persevered through his battle with cancer and I hope it never comes back but I can't see anything besides a lucky shot of him beating GGG...just seems like GGG is better at everything and Jacobs has been dropped and stopped before...

If he beats GGG then good for him, it would be the culmination of a great comeback story....

Comment

I like Danny Jacobs, and I give him a punchers chance. I think Golovkin will be too much for him and will show the difference between GGG and the rest of the MW division. People sh it on Golovkin's resume but no one can sh it on his skills. Gennady is the real deal

Comment

Working...
                    X