Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe Jacobs has a chance to beat GGG or will he be another mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny has about a puncher's chance because of his power. GGG would probably jab him then send him down on a body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
      RealPugilist,
      I always enjoy your post. I just want to point out to all the boxing fans here, in case they didn't know, yes kevin Howard did accomplish something that Duran,Hagler & Hearns were not able to do, and that was to drop Sugar Ray on his A$$. But truth to the matter Leonard was to just coming off of a long layoff, his 1st retirement due to the detatch retina he suffered in his eye.
      thanks bro

true but lets not forget, Leonard was no old used up fighter...sure he wasn't as finely tuned as he was when he was more active, but his chin and recovery powers were still top notch

he got caught with a shot he didn't see and that's all it takes

sometimes people forget the guy they like or root for will be getting hit too....Jacobs isn't exactly Malignaggi at 160.

GGG is susceptible to uppercuts and 3,2 combos....if he gets hit with something he isn't braced for how will he react

I think some are overestimating GGG's chin and
      which hasn't been tested by a bunch of huge punchers.

Comment

Whether it's a mismatch or not fight was mandated by WBA. Just like Spence vs Bundu was by the IBF. It was a mismatch, yet I heard cricket from the demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
          all it takes is one punch , folks, but it better be early or Jacobs is getting hammered. Same goes for Saunders and Eubank jr. The only "Middleweight " with a chance is Canelo because he can counter with power. However he has like a 33% chance. The others like 10% for Jacobs, 1% for Saunders and Like 5% for Eubank , because he is a little harder hitter than Saunders.
          I don't really think Jacobs hits that hard. He seems to stun guys and the flurry until the ref stops it most the time. But up until that point few of his opponents have shown the kind of fear or respect of his power that they show of GGG's.

I tried to look up Daniel Jacobs KO highlights. The only real KO's I could find were ver no hope cans in 6 and 8 rounders.

His power seems to me more like a De La Hoya power, where can buzz you and he knows if he just starts throwing non stop, the ref will step in.

Its not like GGG where refs are stepping in because of a prolonged beating, or guys are quitting, or just getting sparked out.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            and overrating GGG's power

yes he damaged Brooks eye socket, but he wasn't dropped, buzzed or on queer street

Also he doesn't have many 1 punch kos...he usually breaks you down, no name or contender.
            And GGs defense.

Neither guy I'd describe as a defensive dynamo.

Two punchers who can crack and dont care much for covering up - sounds like a good night of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
              And GGs defense.

Neither guy I'd describe as a defensive dynamo.

Two punchers who can crack and dont care much for covering up - sounds like a good night of boxing.
              ^^^this idgaf who wins

as long as we get a middleweight fight that reminds us of the wars of the 90s and 80s......Toney vs McCallum vs Julian Jackson vs McClellan vs Benn vs Eubank

man I wish I was an adult already back then...I saw a few of them fight live and prime but man.....youtube just isn't the same as live drama

Comment

thanks bro

true but lets not forget, Leonard was no old used up fighter...sure he wasn't as finely tuned as he was when he was more active, but his chin and recovery powers were still top notch

he got caught with a shot he didn't see and that's all it takes

sometimes people forget the guy they like or root for will be getting hit too....Jacobs isn't exactly Malignaggi at 160.

GGG is susceptible to uppercuts and 3,2 combos....if he gets hit with something he isn't braced for how will he react

I think some are overestimating GGG's chin and
                which hasn't been tested by a bunch of huge punchers.
                Good Point, totally agree...do not take Jacobs lightly.

Comment

He could trouble GGG and probably give him fits. Jacobs already beat cancer so he can beat GGG.

The only problem is with the GGG haters saying that "oh finally lil' G is fighting someone with a pulse/power/speed" before the fight. Then after the fight if GGG wins, they'll go "lil' G hasn't fought nobody yet. He has to move up and fight Ward at 175."

Comment

It's not a mismatch.

Jacobs moves and boxes very well, and he can punch hard.

He's a live underdog in this fight.

Comment

and overrating GGG's power

yes he damaged Brooks eye socket, but he wasn't dropped, buzzed or on queer street

Also he doesn't have many 1 punch kos...he usually breaks you down, no name or contender.
                      ^^^^exactly

Comment

Working...
                      X