No announcement yet.

What has happened to Premier Boxing Champions? Dan Rafael Article

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    They have dates they just don't want to go up against college football. If you're gonna do that fine, but have a fight on every Saturday or at least twice a week until Football starts.

And then have the smaller cards on during football season and a big card here or there.

If not, just go up against football. How does UFC/Bellator handle their fall schedule? Big fights up agaist football or naw?
    and its only 2. the article says the remaining dates on nbc will be moved to 2 1st 2 months of 2017. After that its over forever. They haven't had many cards this year anyway on nbc

Comment

Can we assume these tweets are Haymon/PBC related?

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive · 2h2 hours ago  Los Angeles, CA
      The waiver wire in boxing is about to get real busy #boxing

I aint sayin nuffin, no, not me. Cuz Im not one to gossip.....but between you and me....

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post

I aint sayin nuffin, no, not me. Cuz Im not one to gossip.....but between you and me....
        Although I do not use twitter I must say those are odd tweets.

Comment

What does this mean. Waivers and stuff? Waivers where fighters can now talk??

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
            My only complaint about PBC is that it's on too many channels. It makes it too complicated for viewers to keep track of fights. They need to just show it on one channel.
            Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
            PBC has too many channels
            I think the idea was to market boxing across different channels for the most exposure. This was long overdue because boxing has become a niche sport. Then as a couple others said, it wasn't feasible to just focus on one channel with the amount of fights they'd want to show.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
              Yet there are a whole bunch of top fighters aligned with PBC who have only fought once this year who are in need of bouts. They include Daniel Jacobs, Garcia, Thurman, Shawn Porter, Adonis Stevenson, Andre Berto, Jermall Charlo, Jermell Charlo, Julian Williams, Erislandy Lara, Vanes Martirosyan, James DeGale, Badou Jack, Anthony Dirrell, Andre Dirrell, Austin Trout, Adrien Broner, Rances Barthelemy, Gary Russell Jr., John Molina Jr., Dejan Zlaticanin, Jose Pedraza, Edner Cherry and Lee Selby, among others.

Perhaps some of the fighters have fought only once by design but certainly not all of them or even most of them. But when so much of the money that was once there to bankroll PBC cards is gone, it's hard to keep guys busy at their expected purse level.

There are others who have not fought at all this year, including Peter Quillin, Devon Alexander, Lamont Peterson, Jesus Cuellar and Abner Mares.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/...xing-champions
              Sad year for boxing. Who is responsible for this mess?

Comment

Maybe Kim means fighters are going to start leaving the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  Maybe Kim means fighters are going to start leaving the farm.
                  That's my assumption.

Haymon signed a lot of boxers but they've had far fewer shows this year than originally planned and some of them have been inactive or taken non-PBC/SHO fights.

His roster seemed a bit unweildy even when they were putting on shows regularly...and now they aren't doing that, with fewer shows and some postponements to next year.

Comment

That's my assumption.

Haymon signed a lot of boxers but they've had far fewer shows this year than originally planned and some of them have been inactive or taken non-PBC/SHO fights.

His roster seemed a bit unweildy even when they were putting on shows regularly...and now they aren't doing that, with fewer shows and some postponements to next year.
                    Richard Schaefer will become a major player in one swoop

But i hope not. Promoters not working together is what killed this sport IMO. Way before PBC came along but we will see. Not over yet

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      Richard Schaefer will become a major player in one swoop

But i hope not. Promoters not working together is what killed this sport IMO. Way before PBC came along but we will see. Not over yet
                      Schaefer will definitely become a big player again.

But I'm not sure how even he will be able to keep all of Haymon's boxers busy.

Comment

Working...
                      X