Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring rates Canelo #1 @154 after defeating Liam Smith, also still holds Lineal MW belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
    Ok. Not wasting anymore time with a kid like you who can't even spell. Youll? That why? Nice grammar stupid. Later queer

I love your sister and mother
    Yeah you fckng ******. "You'll" as in "You-will" eat my dick. Clear enough for you f@gboy?

Comment

Til he loses at MW hes still the lineal champ and has defended it this year. He has wins over top 10 guys at 154 and a title so a #1 ranking makes sense. A fighter can hold titles in multiple classes, how do you think Henry Armstrong held 3? In an ideal world there would be a timeline for lineal championship but there isnt. Nothing new.

Comment

QUESTION: If GGG/Jacobs fight happens, will that fight declare the new Lineal champ at middleweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          That's quite interesting.

Canelo beats #8 Ring ranked Liam Smith and now gets ranked #1 at 154, ahead of Lara, Andrade and the Charlos.

Canelo also still holds the lineal MW title, even though he never fought at 160, never beat a legit MW and his last 2 defenses were against Amir Khan, a Welterweight and Liam Smith a Junior MW.

The Ring Policy states

Here are the situations in which a champion can lose his belt:

- The Champion moves to another weight class.

Pretty clear that Canelo will be promoted as Lineal Middleweight Champion who is also #1 at 154. Gives Canelo alot of leverage in future fights.

Do you think these Ring Ratings are legitimate and fair? Does Canelo still deserve to hold the Ring MW Belt? Does Canelo deserve to be ranked #1 at 154?
          Look, I'm 100% a GGG fan, but what's the problem with what the Ring are doing?

- Canelo was the consensus no.1 JMW before fighting Cotto, he beat a legitimate beltholder, in Liam Smith. It's only fair he retains his No.1 position.

- For as much as we complain about the Cotto incident, he held the Rings lineal title. He defended it against Amir Khan less than 6 months ago. We know he's probably fighting at 160 next, so why would you strip him of the title?

Rings ratings have bothered me in the past but in this situation, I see no problem with it! Especially with the lineal title, I believe that you need to beat the man to win that title!

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
            QUESTION: If GGG/Jacobs fight happens, will that fight declare the new Lineal champ at middleweight?
            Absolutely not..

1. Canelo has defended his lineal title this year.

2. I like the unification fight for GGG but let's not jump the gun with Danny. Jacobs has fought two ranked MW opponents in the last 6 years, one of whom (Pirog) starched him, the other one (Quillin) he bumrushed and beat in the first.

I find it hard to see how Ring have Danny as the number 2 ranked MW if I'm honest

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
              Yeah you fckng ******. "You'll" as in "You-will" eat my dick. Clear enough for you f@gboy?
              You said youll, not you'll you stupid ****sucker

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                You don't need to hold a belt, you need to behave like a champ. So no CWs nevermind laughable 155, no forfeiting real belts to avoid the best guy, no too small, body not ready excuses
                what??? you just changed your entire argument...you make 0 sense..

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  He's a paper champ at Mw, lineal paper champ. Can you think of a worse champ at all? How about lineal? I cant. There's been a few really bad lineal paper champs lately but still not as bad, and both guys old and way undersized divas
                  How is he a paper champ when he beat THE CHAMPin the Ring?? if anything GGG is a paper champ seeing how he was handed 2 of his paper titles..Canelo won ALL OF HIS TITLES BY BEATING OTHER CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                    NO BECAUSE CANELO IS the champ..THEY ARE JUST THE TOP 2 CONTENDERS

Comment

Canelo is the best fighter at 154 and holds a win over the 2nd best fighter in the division. Let Andrade or the Charlo's fight someone decent and see what happens to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X