No announcement yet.

Last Man Standing Prediction League

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Yeah i think Loma as well. Something still not quite right in my head about it though. Loma really didnt look good against the physical strength and marauding style of Salido. Walters isnt as aggressive, but he is younger, sharper and he has a good brain for boxing to go with an attacking style.

Gonna be a great fight. Second in 2 weeks.
    I think the key will be that walters fights at a much more measured and slower pace than salido.. I think that will help loma and he will have time and pace he wants to outbox walters

Comment

Yeah i think Loma as well. Something still not quite right in my head about it though. Loma really didnt look good against the physical strength and marauding style of Salido. Walters isnt as aggressive, but he is younger, sharper and he has a good brain for boxing to go with an attacking style.

Gonna be a great fight. Second in 2 weeks.
      My concerns are Walters' reach and Loma's inside game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        I think the key will be that walters fights at a much more measured and slower pace than salido.. I think that will help loma and he will have time and pace he wants to outbox walters
        Yeah thats whats led me to the Loma pick. I can easiily see Walters winning though. He just cant let Loma get into a rhythm because that guy will slaughter you if he gets comfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          My concerns are Walter's reach and Loma's inside game.
          Hes a big old lump in general isnt he? Though saying that im thinking of him at 126. I think he will be comfortably bigger than Loma though. And hes just a real nice fighter. Loved how he talked post Donaire fight about countering the counter and drawing leads. Kovalev did a good job of that last Saturday as the aggressor.

Saying that im not 100% on his punching power compared to what some were saying about it. Esp at 130. His KOs at 126 vs Darchinyan and Donaire were against naturally much smaller guys.

Comment

Hes a big old lump in general isnt he? Though saying that im thinking of him at 126. I think he will be comfortably bigger than Loma though. And hes just a real nice fighter. Loved how he talked post Donaire fight about countering the counter and drawing leads. Kovalev did a good job of that last Saturday as the aggressor.

Saying that im not 100% on his punching power compared to what some were saying about it. Esp at 130. His KOs at 126 vs Darchinyan and Donaire were against naturally much smaller guys.
            I don't envision him bullying Loma around, or Loma even giving him much of a chance to employ such tactics. His size isn't as important as that crazy reach advantage. I think Loma has enough speed to get in, but once he does, will he be able to do damage? Walters likes in-fighting too, but his arms will be too long to do much offensively. Loma will need to step his game up for this one, which is why I'm looking forward to this battle. He can't afford to go on auto-pilot in any round.

Comment

• This is by far the hardest fight of the competition to choose from,I'm really torn in my prediction.I'm siding with Loma because of his pedigree and his insane footwork lol.The angles he creates is off the charts and I think he'll just bamboozle Walters with that insane footwork.Walters I think is just too gangly.

Comment

• Linares
                Walters

Comment

• Loma boxes his ears off i reckon.

That kid is something special.

Comment

• Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                    This is by far the hardest fight of the competition to choose from,I'm really torn in my prediction.I'm siding with Loma because of his pedigree and his insane footwork lol.The angles he creates is off the charts and I think he'll just bamboozle Walters with that insane footwork.Walters I think is just too gangly.
                    Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Loma boxes his ears off i reckon.

That kid is something special.

Comment

• Roy Jones Jnr - L
                      KingHippo
                      Sugar Adam Ali - L
                      Hugh Jass - L
                      Kiaba360 - L

The big question right now is, does Kinghippo have the stones to go for the big one punch ko? Will he risk it all for greatness by picking Walters?

Comment

Working...
                      X