Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In retrospect can we say Floyd had a granite chin or that he just refused to lose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In retrospect, Floyd tries to get the advantages before he steps in that ring. Then his fans do not bring up that disclaimer.

Comment

Mosley looks like a ****** in those gifs

Comment

GGG and Canelo getting all the shine so larrold comes out with another mayweather **** riding thread
        Then he is the first one to cry to leave him alone because he is retired

On topic name another fighter with a "granite" chin that would have buckled on a Marcos fawking maidana punch or a past prime mosely? It's ok I'll wait

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Under rated and doesn't get enough credit in both those aspects, don't know if I'd say granite because he never got hit enough to truely test it

That shot he took from Maidana & Mosely were sick and he ate em and didn't miss a beat , Would have been interesting if the Maidana shot didn't happen at the end of the round ( I think Inwatched that punch like 50 times just rewinding IT over and over again.

Mentally Fliyd was probably the strongest in the game
          Maidana hit him with the same exact punch in the first fight. Just as square. Just got less recognition for it. Round 10 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
            Shot that would have ko'd most fighters

The man literally refused to fold....
            It's both homie. Floyd has a granite chin, but he also is that type of competitor that doesn't even consider losing. That's why he became so good, that partly comes from his dedication and love for the sport. It isn't enough to want to never lose, you have to be good enough to make it reality, and he did.

WAR MAYWEATHER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Retrospect is a big word for you Larry, cong****.

But, in retrospect, Floyd's chin didn't get hit that much because under pressure he either hugged, ran or leaned back over the ropes.

When he did get properly tagged he did the chicken dance or hung on for dear life.
              What kind of cheap shot low blow fgt ***** is this ?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                He clearly has a really good chin and really good recovering abilities.
                To
                Me Floyd had a sub par chin. It wasn't glass but no way was it granite. Floyds reflexes (as another poster stated) and his defensive skills is what made him seem like he had a granite chin. I've never seen anyone with floyds recovery skills I'll give him that

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  Maidana hit him with the same exact punch in the first fight. Just as square. Just got less recognition for it. Round 10 I believe.
                  Cool, I'm a try and find it

I haven't watched the first one in a bit but I don't recall that, just remember Maidana winning the first half and almost getting shut out in the second half by Mayweather standards though a close fight

Don't know how anyone can think Maidana isn't the man

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    What kind of cheap shot low blow fgt ***** is this ?
                    He's still salty about the Hatton fight. This is what Spoon will be like in a few years.

Comment

His chin is average. He does well to roll things but in the words of Juan Manuel Marquez, when he gets hit clean he wobbles. Cotto took numerous of the same punch from a healthier, younger Mosley, and Maidana isn't that big of a puncher.

Verdict: average chin, great defence.

Comment

Working...
                      X