No announcement yet.

Is Jorge Linares actually that good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    talented guy and a very promising offensive fighter at one point, but you need more than that to box at the highest level.

i'll never forget listening to emanuel steward and jim lampley compare him to ray robinson while watching the kid literally rolling his chin the wrong way with shots. i understand that HBO is in the business of promoting and selling fighters, but it was just absurd. within a few rounds he was all bloody IIRC
    He looked beautiful in that fight until he got cut, and he cut badly. Im really surprised they didnt stop the fight on cuts. It was one of the bloodiest messes I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      did you even watch the fight?

Linares won nearly every round up until his face was turned into mush.
      If Linares would had won the fight it will be considered as one of the best performances on recent time.

Comment

I met him in Vegas last year, just as good looking as in the photos/videos. He is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          did you even watch the fight?

Linares won nearly every round up until his face was turned into mush.
          This!! He was also sparring Pac in camp and went into the demarco with a cut that opened up. Also one opened up on the bridge of his nose that made him look even worst.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            He looked beautiful in that fight until he got cut, and he cut badly. Im really surprised they didnt stop the fight on cuts. It was one of the bloodiest messes I have seen.

sensory overload when you consider how well put together and proportioned linares' body is [no ****.. i guess,] the pink gloves, and the mess of blood

i thought linares would be on TV, win or lose, for a long time. he's just had a strange career. he looked like he had what it took, but he didn't. he'd be one of those guys who would be suited very well to stick with amateur boxing. there's an intangible characteristic, probably got something to do with toughness and all that, that's innate in all great boxers. linares had it athletically, from what i could see. but he didn't have it upstairs, and his career got out of hand.

Comment

Working...
            X