No announcement yet.

Tom Loeffler wants Fall 2017 Canelo-GGG agreement in writing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdb85 View Post
    Well 10m out of a potential $100m plus event is a slap in the face. Canelo does 500k buys without GGG but we know this will do US 1m buys plus the worldwide extras and massive gate. I think 60/40 split and K2 accepts its still more than both will ever earn without each other.
    Agreed. I cant see how people lack critical thinking. He is offering a 90/10 split like they said they would but instead calling it a different name... 'we offered twice ggg's biggest payday' this makes it sound like a generous offer.
    I only wish people could read betweeen the lines. For example the guy who gave away his wbc middleweight title without a fight or even negotiations is not the one who sudddenly trying to make this happen all along. Look at ggg, he's almost over the hill...wtf do they thjnk he is waiting for? Canelo is 26, i know what is waiting for...ggg the be past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      Stevenson is the LINEAL champ @ 175...
      He definitely was stripped of his Ring title a long time ago for the competition level he's been facing.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        Why would Golovkin sign an agreement a year an advance, when his popularity and name will obviously get larger in that time, so he will obviously be worth more by the time the fight comes around.

Anyone who thinks Canelo didn't avoid Golovkin is either an irrational fanboy or has an underdeveloped brain.

Honestly, GGG topics bring the worst out of people, even the usually good posters become completely ******ed when GGG is the topic.
        Thank you.

Bringing up Kovalev-Ward (which people are doing) doesn't work because while they had an agreement, they weren't decided on money splits or even venues until it was the next fight for both. To try and lock down how much money Golovkin is making a year out is a ridiculous offer. Especially since Golovkin's popularity is constantly increasing and will only get bigger if he beats Jacobs and Saunders before Alvarez. He may walk into an Alvarez fight as undisputed middleweight champion and a bigger star than he is now. No one with half a brain takes that offer considering how much can change in a year.

And BTW, is still Alvarez putting the fight off for a year, best case scenario.
        Last edited by bojangles1987; 09-19-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
          Stevenson is the LINEAL champ @ 175...
          Yeah yeah, and Canelo is the lineal champ at 160. It doesn't change anything.

Comment

I don't get it. All Tom want is a contract. Is that a bad thing? I'm guessing all they did was talk about it and Tom is saying if they are serious about the sept date they want it down in writing. What are you guys hating on?

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
              I don't get it. All Tom want is a contract. Is that a bad thing? I'm guessing all they did was talk about it and Tom is saying if they are serious about the sept date they want it down in writing. What are you guys hating on?
              Motorcity Cobra is a Golovkin hater and like most of them he DKSAB. Guy didn't even know what a one-two was in boxing terms.

He's a excellent source for news on the forum but he should stick to just posting tweets and videos because no one takes his opinion seriuosly.

Comment

I remember after the canelo fight, everyone was saying Floyd only broke that ppv buy record because he fought Canelo and his fans bought the ppv. Now I see people on these boards saying Canelo isn't the draw they said he was a couple years ago. Yet, this is a potential $100 mil ppv fight..

What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  Motorcity Cobra is a Golovkin hater and like most of them he DKSAB. Guy didn't even know what a one-two was in boxing terms.

He's a excellent source for news on the forum but he should stick to just posting tweets and videos because no one takes his opinion seriuosly.
                  I know he's been a hater but what are they hating on? That tom want's a contract? They make it seem like a contract is a bad thing. They already had two "oral agreements" that canelo and ggg would fight and that didn't happen. So what's the problem with wanting a contract?

Comment

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                    It's true, but we didn't see the contract Oscar sent. And now knowing that it's 8 figures, we know it's probably 10 million no split.

Is it a fair offer? no. And we don't know what else the offer has in it.

People who shitted on GGG's team for not giving BJS the max amount for the unification fight are the same ones telling GGG to take anything just to make the fight.

Your acting like we saw the deal and know all the details, but we don't.

And if you look at the Ward-Kovalev deal, is it really building hype at this point? Ward beat one good light heavyweight and is given the shot at the lineal champ? Ehh.

And everything that has happened in between the signing and the actual fight day, doesn't make me wanna see the fight any more.

If you look at it objectively, it's clear Ward wanted the tune up fights. And it made him look worse that his fight with Brand only avged 750k and it was at primetime. Kovalev-Ward could've happened when it was signed.
                    Canelo has made 8 figures every fight since Mayweather and will continue to do so with or without Golovkin. Golovkin has never made 8 figures and never will without Canelo or the winner of Ward v Kovalev. But we know he's not taking that fight

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                      Why would Golovkin sign an agreement a year an advance, when his popularity and name will obviously get larger in that time, so he will obviously be worth more by the time the fight comes around.

Anyone who thinks Canelo didn't avoid Golovkin is either an irrational fanboy or has an underdeveloped brain.

Honestly, GGG topics bring the worst out of people, even the usually good posters become completely ******ed when GGG is the topic.
                      The only way he can prove he's more popular now than he was a year ago is to fight-Jacobs on PBC or PPV. His ratings for his last fight was less than his ratings for his fight against Murray.

Comment

Working...
                      X