Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yahoo Sports - The Truth about Canelo vs GGG and Oscar's deceptive "Business Methods"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, more people need to read this and learn the truth.

Comment

Bump this chit

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        It's real depressing to think people can be that stupid. So ODH supposedly made a offer for next year but didn't we all know they came to a verbal agreement for September 2017 already.

Tom Loeffler has already stated in July he wanted it down in writing and Golden Boy didn't comply.

But my main question is how does a offer for next year erase the fact Canelo ducked the fight this year. And they wonder why they aren't taken seriously.
        Exactly. This whole facade looked on from an unbiased mind shows Golden Boy taking every action to walk away from the fight. First it was he's not a star/bad resume, then it was his body wasn't ready, I mean I could go all night.
        So now they have this "deal" for fall of 2017.....Does anyone not expect one of Oscar's sleazy lawyers (the people who obviously run Golden Boy) to come up with some excuse, cop out, event to derail and throw a wrench into negotiations for next Fall?
        Even with the best of intentions for instance maybe they hope GGG will lose or age in a year, it's still obvious they don't want Canelo in there right now

Comment

excuses by team fishnets.

Comment

Lmao... Oscar a fool, canelo is scared..

Canelo forced his team to make the trout n lara fights, but can't force them to make the biggest fight in the sport.. Lmao

Comment

Based on PPV sales and live attendance figures Golovkin doesn't deserve a 60/40 split.

I strongly disagree with Mannix on that.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                im not sure how its a business move. if they fight now i believe this is the time that it will generate the most money. we've all seen what happens if they keep pushing this fight further away. either canelo or ggg is gonna lose in one of their up coming fights. plus this match up is nowhere near the same as floyd vs manny. aside from boxing fans, aint nobody is even talking about ggg vs canelo. nobody knows about this. with floyd vs manny, everyone was talking about it from regular everyday people, to boxing fans, athletes from different sports, etc.
                It's not a business move. It's a health and safety move.
                Saul will get hurt if he gets in the ring with GGG. Not beat on points, no coasting to a controversial SD/MD. He will get beat up by GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Based on PPV sales and live attendance figures Golovkin doesn't deserve a 60/40 split.

I strongly disagree with Mannix on that.
                  When did Mannix move to Yahoo? I was going to make a post saying that Iole wrote this being that it was Yahoo (i didn't even glance at the author) but I was surprised that Mannix wrote it. Was he fired from Sports Illustrated?

Comment

Oscar doesn't want his cash cow to lose, he made that mistake the first time when he threw Canelo in with Mayweather, Oscar even allowed Canelo to fight at a catchweight, he let Floyd have the advantages.

Who else does Oscar have? If Canelo loses he has nothing left. They need Canelo to keep on winning.

The biggest mistake Oscar made was putting Canelo in with Floyd, he didnt need Floyd and everyone knew he would get pot shotted in a boring fight, all it did was ruin his chances of being a star, Floyd was on his way out to retire, Canelo was young and could have taken over without fighting Floyd, Danny Garcia and his father know this that is why they wont fight Floyd or Manny why risk it wait for them to retire and try and build your own name.

That is why Canelo can only draw 300k buys, if he never fought Floyd he would average at lest 600k buys or more, but the first taste the casual fan had of him was his poor performance looking like a pale zombie who could barely move against Floyd and they didnt bite anymore. So all he has is the Mexican fans and the boxing fans, plus he refuses to learn english so his drawing power is not as big.

I think Canelo vs GGG is 50 50, It needs to happen, and it should be a trilogy if its exciting, dont prolong it like Floyd vs Manny.
                    Last edited by hectari; 09-19-2016, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Everyone needs to read the article and stop talking more dumb shit and turn themselves into fools

Comment

Working...
                      X