No announcement yet.

About a month ago GGG hinted that he received an offer from Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    NOT FIGHT can get him as much as he can with Canelo lets be honest. Name me a fight that can get him a bigger pay than what he could potentially make with Canelop?

Jacobs and Saunders a solid but lets be honest, not going to get what he can potentially get with Canelo...Just Saying!

Again not taking sides, I think both sides are Bull****ting the people
    Dude he made 5 million against Brook in the UK and a Unification with Saunders would be in the UK FOR THE UNDISPUTED TITLE. Your underestimating the UK fans who are more loyal and more passionate about Boxing then any other country besides maybe Mexico. He'll get 10 million for that Undisputed title fight over there between his purse which will probably be more then 5 million and then all the PPV buys over there he'll get a cut of. Itll be massive over there.

Oscar isnt giving him any PPV cut. He just wants to give him a flat fee of 10 million so him and Canelo can take home the rest which wouldnt be fair. Id say 7.5 million and 5-10 percent of the PPV buys would be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
      Dude he made 5 million against Brook in the UK and a Unification with Saunders would be in the UK FOR THE UNDISPUTED TITLE. Your underestimating the UK fans who are more loyal and more passionate about Boxing then any other country besides maybe Mexico. He'll get 10 million for that Undisputed title fight over there between his purse which will probably be more then 5 million and then all the PPV buys over there he'll get a cut of. Itll be massive over there.

Oscar isnt giving him any PPV cut. He just wants to give him a flat fee of 10 million so him and Canelo can take home the rest which wouldnt be fair. Id say 7.5 million and 5-10 percent of the PPV buys would be fair.
      Still not the money he can make with Canelo, not sure why people would even try to argue this. He makes more with Canelo...PERIOD!

Comment

Where are you getting that 5 mil figure from? I've been trying to find out the PPV and purses for that fight but can't it anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Damn. Abel ain't denying it either. An offer is being made for 8 figures but K2 and GGG saying they want the PPV split from what I can gather.

He said that it's not up to him and that he is not involved in it. So he really knows nothing and is just speculating.

I know you're not very knowledgeable on how negotiating a deal goes, but you don't publicly agree to a weak deal right off the bat, that the promoters can later call you out on. You start the negotiation by over-pricing yourself so you can work your way down to a deal you're comfortable with.

If you're fine with a 70-30 split, you will not say 70-30, because then the other side will be arguing for 90-10 or worse. Instead you will start with 50-50 and make a case for why your fighter deserves an even split, and later on accept less.

So if Gannady's people are publicly saying that they want 50-50, that is a strategic statement to cut the best deal possible for their fighter. Because Delahoya would be fine giving him 10k if he could get away with it.

We all remember when Dawson desperately said that he was willing to go down to 168 if he could get a fight with Andre Ward. And what happened? Instead of a catchweight fight happening, which would have been fair, Ward called his bluff and made him come all the way down.

Comment

Damn. Abel ain't denying it either. An offer is being made for 8 figures but K2 and GGG saying they want the PPV split from what I can gather.

Suddenly Sanchez is saying he's not a promoter and he doesn't get get into the business side. hmmmm

Comment

BJS isn't as big a draw as Brook and he doesn't fight on Sky PPV.

Comment

In other words they don't want Canelo.

GGG does

His handlers don't.

They know he can't take that body work,especially at his age.

Comment

The HBO translator is messing up. He said Canelo said GGG turned down the offer but Canelo said they're waiting to hear back from them. So if somebody is saying GGG turned down the offer blame it on the HBO translator.
                  10m is pretty good but it's hard giving up on upside for the biggest fight in boxing. I'd probably wait on Canelo ppv numbers before making any moves. I can't imagine they'd pass on 8 digits but they should be able to squeeze some upside even with a lower guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Still not the money he can make with Canelo, not sure why people would even try to argue this. He makes more with Canelo...PERIOD!
                    Did you just miss the part where i said GGG is getting offered a FLAT FEE? No PPV revenue. Whatever they offer is all hes getting. If he beats Jacobs and Saunders that becomes Lineal vs Undisputed champ. No way GGG should walk away with less then 15 million if indeed people are right about Oscar only offering 10. He can get close to 10 against Saunders. Sure he might make maybe a million or 2 less but you stated GGG had no where to go. GGG is getting rich regardless fam. Just by beating Wade, Brook and if he indeeds fights Jacobs, thats around 10 million already this year. Saunders will make him hella rich next year too. Canelo would be the icing on the cake.

You claim GGG has no leverage but who else is Canelo going to face especially when its getting harder and harder to make 154? Who else is going to bring him that much money either?

Where are you getting that 5 mil figure from? I've been trying to find out the PPV and purses for that fight but can't it anywhere
                    http://www.totalsportek.com/boxing/g...-purse-payout/

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      BJS isn't as big a draw as Brook and he doesn't fight on Sky PPV.
                      You really think that wont be on British PPV, are you slow?

Comment

Working...
                      X