No announcement yet.

Boxing's obsession with the 0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing's obsession with the 0

Like for christs sake why do we care about the record when the fights suck.
    Look at the UFC (and I know how much we hate them right) but look at the greats fights they put on almost 9-10 times a year. We barely get 1-2 in boxing.

I can't even tell you McGregor or Cain Velasquez's record. But I'm damn sure gonna watch them fight.

This is all mayweather's fault btw

The UFC is already miles ahead of boxing. THE only thing that needs improvement is the fighters pay. You can't duck in the UFC, and you can't choose to fight once every two years.

Comment

I hate it too. You lost once and these boxing fans automatically calls you a bum. Get knockdown once or twice and it makes you chinny. It's crazy how these fanatics view things.

Comment

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
        Like for christs sake why do we care about the record when the fights suck.
        Look at the UFC (and I know how much we hate them right) but look at the greats fights they put on almost 9-10 times a year. We barely get 1-2 in boxing.

I can't even tell you McGregor or Cain Velasquez's record. But I'm damn sure gonna watch them fight.

This is all mayweather's fault btw
        Just this month alone in lighter weights we had FOTY candidate with the P4P winning his forth crown moving up in weight today the bantam weight lineal title was re-established after 28 years since the lineage broke in a action packed fight vs. the #1 and #2. on the same card Hozumi Hasegawa won the WBC Super-bantam weight title ; tomorrow Glowacki fights Usk the following month Klitscko-Fury II.........please STFU and learn something about the sport.

and you been added to my ignore list.

Comment

boxers use to have a ufc type schedule, hence why all the old school ATGs have tons of losses..

It really wasn't till PPv that everyone got protected till they could be cashed out in a PPv fight... As boxing's popularity waned due to soft match making, it became harder and harder to cash guys out on PPv, hence why you got guys like danny, wilder, etc just wasting time in hopes of some major fight

Comment

Mayweather's fault?? he fought the best and beat the best and EARNED HIS 0..since when did losing become ok??? do you raise your kids to lose?

Comment

Hell Rhoda Rousey lost and disappeared....**** the UFC

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                Hell Rhoda Rousey lost and disappeared....**** the UFC
                LOL! they tried it again with some WWE reject named CM PUNK! but he got dried humped into submission -- these fools are gullible!

Comment

I mean since when do we slam fighters for NOT LOSING??? if you fight the best and win then you are the ****ing best....what kind of loser ass society are we trying to create?

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                    I mean since when do we slam fighters for NOT LOSING??? if you fight the best and win then you are the ****ing best....what kind of loser ass society are we trying to create?
                    It causes fear, fear of losing that is infecting the PBC track team. Guys like thurman, Spence, Garcia and Canelo won't fight difficult opponenets because they're scared.

At the UFC, these guys that make the most money have losses. Even when it was Anderson Silva, Tito Ortiz, Couture and Liddell all had losses.

You use the exeptions like CM Punk but those are circus acts.

The UFC has a great fight every PPV. When I buy a ppv from HBO or Showtime for $70 I have to pray that I won't regret it.

Comment

Working...
                    X