Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Canelo vs. Smith - Both Make Weight, Go Face To Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. He strips off to his trunks, someone yells 154 and he hightails his ass out of there.

Comment

Canelo always gets away with taking a slow walk to the ring, and getting in the ring cold.
      Then he bounces a little to get his heart rate up, and hardly works in the first two rounds, and just counter punches trying to steal rounds by working the last minute..
      Then around the 3rd round he steps up the pace and starts getting into a rhythm by the 4th.
      Canelo is just starting to work by round 5 and the other guy is gassed.

I don't know why guys let him come in the ring cold and start so slow.

If Canelo comes in cold on Smith he might be in trouble because I think smith will make him work and get him on his toes from the opening bell. If Smith makes him work from round one, I'm thinking Smith can win a decision.
      But if smith gets sloppy, Canelo can catch him and take him out.

This one could be fight of the year if smith has a good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
        He had to strip down naked and even take his underwear off. lol @ without issue, that shows he struggled to cut even that extra pound.
        Canelo just wanted to show his junk off to the tecate girls. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Haha. He strips off to his trunks, someone yells 154 and he hightails his ass out of there.
          I think the only people looking at the scales were his team haha

Comment

Canelo can make 154! GGG can wait. Beefy, don't let me down. If Smith ever had a chance of beating Canelo, this is it! If Canelo wins, he can defend @154 and GGG keeps waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              Canelo can make 154! GGG can wait. Beefy, don't let me down. If Smith ever had a chance of beating Canelo, this is it! If Canelo wins, he can defend @154 and GGG keeps waiting.
              Sure as long as there's no drug test he can make 154

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                Sure as long as there's no drug test he can make 154
                I suspect everybody that refuses testing, that having been said, Smith was OK with it, just make 154 and bring the suitcase full of money. I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  I suspect everybody that refuses testing, that having been said, Smith was OK with it, just make 154 and bring the suitcase full of money. I guess.

Comment

Surprised he looked healthy at the weight but it was also telling that he stripped for the first time weigh in but he's not the first person to do that.

Well I guess he can officially claim he's still a 154 lb fighter for now.

Comment

Originally posted by watchayouhead View Post
                      Canelo always gets away with taking a slow walk to the ring, and getting in the ring cold.
                      Then he bounces a little to get his heart rate up, and hardly works in the first two rounds, and just counter punches trying to steal rounds by working the last minute..
                      Then around the 3rd round he steps up the pace and starts getting into a rhythm by the 4th.
                      Canelo is just starting to work by round 5 and the other guy is gassed.

I don't know why guys let him come in the ring cold and start so slow.

If Canelo comes in cold on Smith he might be in trouble because I think smith will make him work and get him on his toes from the opening bell. If Smith makes him work from round one, I'm thinking Smith can win a decision.
                      But if smith gets sloppy, Canelo can catch him and take him out.

This one could be fight of the year if smith has a good chin.
                      Even if Smith has a good chin. he also has a long skinny torso and Avarez is a good body puncher. I'm rooting for Liam but this is a big step up for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X