Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Was Shocked a Small Welter Was Hurting Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AhabSnake View Post
    Physically GGG wasn't in his usual form, whether it was sickness or jetlagged or fatigued, yet he still nearly ko'd brook in the first round. if you didn't notice, he let his guard down and brawled, he let brook in and said hit me more. Why? because he felt what power brook had, and like he's said and done before, he brawls and allows the opponent to get exchanges to please the crowd because he feels their little power! Even after the fight he mentioned he felt no power, he mentioned respecting fighters with power such as david lemieux, and in that fight he fought smart!. He gave himself a 4/10 because he knows himself he felt like **** going into the fight. Now imagine GGG at his usual 10/10. There is no other boxer fighting today that has a better record than him when you combine both amateur and pro, so yes he is the God of boxing today.
    So friend, did you also get the special GGG Fan Club Secret Decoder Ring? Maybe you should take a look back to right before the fight. The 'sickness' rumor was shot down by the GGG camp numerous times on several sites. He was fine, so please no excuses. And Brook was shaking him up a bit there, even buckled his knees once, whether he (or you) with admit it or not. Face it, Brook found a formula, and now every top MW is watching the tape over and over with their trainer. So don't expect your king to be on any throne for long except the one he does his important morning throne work on. He's losing the belts 1-2 years tops. Really kind of silly the way you GGG fans refuse to even admit your hero was given his toughest test. It happens in the sport. Just deal with it and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      First time GGG had a serious test, friend. It happened.

Obviously, Brook is getting praise for making GGG look clueless for a couple rounds, not for the fight getting stopped. But he'll be back in 5-6 months according to drs., so that's good news.
      I guess I you must have given Amir Khan the same kind of love for making Canelo look clueless for a couple of rounds? I don't! I give props to Comney! I give props to Porter! I give props to Salido! I give props to Leo Santa Cruz! Brook, uh...not so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I guess I you must have given Amir Khan the same kind of love for making Canelo look clueless for a couple of rounds? I don't! I give props to Comney! I give props to Porter! I give props to Salido! I give props to Leo Santa Cruz! Brook, uh...not so much!
        Your choice whose performances you like. Everyone has an opinion on that subject. I like Salido, Porter, Commey as well. LSC, the jury's out until he rematches Frampton... but for now he was exposed IMO with the first stiff challenge. BTW, Khan wasn't batting Canelo around like Brook was doing to GGG for a couple rounds there.

Comment

Your choice whose performances you like. Everyone has an opinion on that subject. I like Salido, Porter, Commey as well. LSC, the jury's out until he rematches Frampton... but for now he was exposed IMO with the first stiff challenge. BTW, Khan wasn't batting Canelo around like Brook was doing to GGG for a couple rounds there.
          The point is Salido, Porter, Santa Cruz, and Comney lost, but they performed on a high level. Brook got his face broken, and his corner threw in the towel or he would've suffered the same fate as Khan! Khan won rounds just like Brook, but the result is the same! If no towels, there would've been stretchers!

Comment

• Kell Brook is not a small welterweight, hes fkg huge and probably a fairly big 154, he was heavier than Golovkin who is kinda small for a middleweight champion.
            Any smaller fighter is going to be able to mark up a bigger fighters skin but hurting is a different matter

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              The point is Salido, Porter, Santa Cruz, and Comney lost, but they performed on a high level. Brook got his face broken, and his corner threw in the towel or he would've suffered the same fate as Khan! Khan won rounds just like Brook, but the result is the same! If no towels, there would've been stretchers!
              Think what you want, but, again, Khan wasn't batting Canelo around like Brook was doing to GGG for a couple rounds there. There IS a difference. Don't wanna accept GGG was seriously schooled, nose bloodied, Abel chewing him out, even had legs buckled once? That's fine. Your choice. Cheers.

Comment

Think what you want, but, again, Khan wasn't batting Canelo around like Brook was doing to GGG for a couple rounds there. There IS a difference. Don't wanna accept GGG was seriously schooled, nose bloodied, Abel chewing him out, even had legs buckled once? That's fine. Your choice. Cheers.
                Khan is a lightweight, getting knocked out at Lightweight and Light Welter and having never proved himself at 147. He looked terrible at 155. Khan also never hurt anyone at 147 yet he was knocked down multiple time at that weight. How can you even compare Khan to Brook who is undefeated and never even went down in his career and outclassed a legit Top WW in Porter. Brook started his boxing career at Welterweight, GGG at Light Welter, Canelo at Welter and Khan at Lightweight.

Brook and GGG are the same size, GGG just fights at his natural weight, Brook drained himself for as long as he could. Difference is that GGG had experience fighting at MW and Brook did not.
                Last edited by Jubei; 09-17-2016, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• When a small welter hurt GGG whats the holdup for Canelo to fight him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Khan is a lightweight, getting knocked out at Lightweight and Light Welter and having never proved himself at 147. He looked terrible at 155. Khan also never hurt anyone at 147 yet he was knocked down multiple time at that weight. How can you even compare Khan to Brook who is undefeated and never even went down in his career and outclassed a legit Top WW in Porter. Brook started his boxing career at Welterweight, GGG at Light Welter, Canelo at Welter and Khan at Lightweight.

Brook and GGG are the same size, GGG just fights at his natural weight, Brook drained himself for as long as he could. Difference is that GGG had experience fighting at MW and Brook did not.
                    Bronx2245 is the one who said Khan and Brook were the same. You'll have to ask him. As for performance, chinny or not, Khan wasn't tested as much (until the KO) as Brook was. And Brook did way more than win points vs GGG. No one expected GGG to have a bloody nose, get buckled once, get chewed out badly by Abel etc etc. Yes both Khan and Brook were expected to lose. But Brook was expected to lose just like Khan did and it didn't happen that way at all. No matter the reason.

Comment

BoxingScene Live Scorecards: Khan won Rds 1, 2, 3, and 4, lost 5, stopped in sixth. Brook won Rds 2 & 3, stopped (corner throws in towel because Brook has a broken face) in 5th. Somehow Brook did better than Khan?

Comment

Working...
                      X