Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe I was a lil to hard on Danny Garcia. His resume vs. Canelo's resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia actually has a good resume, although i still believe he lost to Herrera.

That's why it's disappointing that he seems to have little interest in fighting good fighters anymore and becoming irrelevant in the WW division. When he fought a hyped Matthysse, it seemed like we had a good young fighter who was willing to take on all comers and do a good job too.

It's all been downhill since that night.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Ruslan a 140 fighter who is washed up and molina was considered washed up his damn self lost in 3 in a row including to soto. Smith at least serves a purpose because he holds a belt which is why canelo is fighting him in the first place. smith is top 10 ranked by everyone at 154. Not only is molina not on any top 10 rankings at 147 it is debatable if he is even a top 10 ranked 140 lb fighter. Danny should be fighting welterweights not washed up Jr welterweights. Defend him all you want his career has been downhill since Herrera embarrassed him and his camp is spooked to put him in with any of the top welterweights.
      Backed up from a rematch with Herrera and paid postol to not have to fight him. And won a paper belt at 147 a vacant belt he earned by beating a washed up Guerrero who had no business being in a championship fight after stinking the joint up in 2015 and you see how a cab drive just beat him after danny. Haymon paying dudes off to get him a vacant belt against a shot Guerrero don't make him a champ in anyone's eyes at 147. So he has wasted 3 years of his career waiting for may? Really funny I have never hear him or his camp say they want Floyd until after he retired. How about just fight one top ranked welterweight first
      Herrera has lost similar fights as Danny's against Benavidez and Gomez. You just cant win a fight out jabbing anyone. He out jabbed Danny the entire fight yes I give him that but all power punches and combo's belonged to Danny.
      Guess who gets the win on fights like that??? There is no need for Danny to rematch Herrera there is nothing to gain on a rematch same as Khan who Danny whipped the canvas with. Bring Thurman or May, he is ready!

Comment

Ruslan a 140 fighter who is washed up and molina was considered washed up his damn self lost in 3 in a row including to soto. Smith at least serves a purpose because he holds a belt which is why canelo is fighting him in the first place. smith is top 10 ranked by everyone at 154. Not only is molina not on any top 10 rankings at 147 it is debatable if he is even a top 10 ranked 140 lb fighter. Danny should be fighting welterweights not washed up Jr welterweights. Defend him all you want his career has been downhill since Herrera embarrassed him and his camp is spooked to put him in with any of the top welterweights.
        I agree with you if he fights Molina its a absolute sh.it fight but it still beats Who Canelo is fighting. Canelos maybe the biggest name right now had his pick of the litter to fight whoever he wanted to and he chose this guy because he has a strap in a era where belts are becoming more meaningless everyday right after fighting Khan like that sh.it is a joke

Smith is unknown maybe the least deserving and accomplished fighter wih a strap from 140lbs -200lbs ( I'm not even joking can you think of a another name ) If he didn't have that strap he wouldn't be in the top 10 because he hasn't beat anyone at all. Your right Ruslans done but Molina was still the underdog and won and Ruslans a known name and he has wins over other known names that's why he trumps Smith.

Im a boxing fan and I cannot name 2 of Smiths opponets and to top it off its PPV

Garcias proven he'll fight anyone without having a advantage I doubt he's scared of a borderline alcoholic in Herrera who hasn't done sh.it since

Comment

I still don't get why people disrespect Peterson or downplay Garcia's win over him. Fans were demanding that fight and asking why they hadn't fought sooner.

Comment

Working...
          X