No announcement yet.

why is hagler rated sooo highly?? :/

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    I look at Hagler as a good fighter, but not a great fighter. He reigned as champion for a while and did beat Hearns, although the cut early on would have stopped him had Hearns boxed more and not broken his right hand. Leonard and Duran made him look pretty bad. It's debatable whether he beat Duran or not. And let's not forget the natural lightweight Duran took him 15, which no other middleweight did during his reign.

I think Hagler had solid power, a great chin and could compete with any middleweight in history. How many great middleweights he'd actually defeat, I'm not too sure about. Of the fabulous four, he was definitely at the bottom.
    Considering that you don't view Hagler as a great fighter, please enlighten as to who you do consider great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      Yea, its simple logic to anyone who isnt trying to make an ass backwards point. Hagler beat great fighters. Were they smaller? Sure. Were they still better than every other MW but Hagler, well they pretty much proved that. Are they amongst the greatest fighters to ever laced them up, damn right. Did they fight in the greatest era of boxing? Check. Hagler might be the least greatest olf all of them,. ****, I think Monzon is a greater fighter than Hagler all time at MW. But regardless of that all, Hagler is a great fighter, a Great ATG MW and his resume is not overrated. You guys come in here trying to reinvent the wheel to force your childish agendas then you have the nerve to say other people are tying too hard. Come on. Stop it. Its truly embarrassing.
      Childish agendas. Isn't that what you're doing? You know from the history that MWs depend on WWs/JrMWs to move up and feast on them. MW greats are some of the most overrated greats in history for that sole reason. You're embarrassing yourself for your double standards.

Comment

Also Hagler kicked Duran's ass. Watch the fight for once in your lives. There was a thread in the history section about it a while ago either a few months or a year.

Hagler took Hearns best shots and walked through them then went on to knock him out in the 3rd. That fight CANNOT be used against him.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
          PPL here trying to minimize Hagler.

One of the most avoided fighters, that lost against Hamsho and that draw against Vito were robberies.

Great chin, technic and stamina. If he was fighting in this era he would had that triple G backing that you see the fanatics doing here on a daily basis
          Lost vs Hamsho?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            GggGgg was denied the chance to beat pfp no1 former lmw chsamp floyd.
            In fact GGG was crucified for wanting a lttle guy. But he was expected to destroy Floyd. But f!oyd wanted no part of it.
            cool story bro, no truth in it but cool story

g strings path to greatness would have been to fight Ward at 168 or Canelo at 155. He passed.

Kicking 35 in the a$$ with no quality opponents and no concrete plan to fight one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              Childish agendas. Isn't that what you're doing? You know from the history that MWs depend on WWs/JrMWs to move up and feast on them. MW greats are some of the most overrated greats in history for that sole reason. You're embarrassing yourself for your double standards.
              I know from YOUR history, you are full of crap and you have a chip on your shoulder trying to prove how some golden age ATG fighters are NOT that great. You've done it for years. First it was Heavyweights now it's middle weights. I guess because Golovin is there. Now that's the definition of agenda and trying to rewrite history.

You were better off when you were being openly racist and stanning that mediocre fighter Margarito. I've beenj here for a while so don't act like I'm one of these noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                Also Hagler kicked Duran's ass. Watch the fight for once in your lives. There was a thread in the history section about it a while ago either a few months or a year.

Hagler took Hearns best shots and walked through them then went on to knock him out in the 3rd. That fight CANNOT be used against him.
                Hagler essentially did to Hearns what GGG did to Brook. Smaller guy moved up, they went to war, smaller guy got taken out. Only difference is Hearns is 100x the fighter Brook is and Hagler took him out harder, in half the time.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                  Hagler essentially did to Hearns what GGG did to Brook. Smaller guy moved up, they went to war, smaller guy got taken out. Only difference is Hearns is 100x the fighter Brook is and Hagler took him out harder, in half the time.
                  Exactly. GGG beats a top 10 Welterweight who had 1 good fight and he is all of a suddenly better than Hagler. Pretty soon he is going to be the goat according to some fan boys.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    You make hacker sound very good. And he was great. But when you mention gggs stats in 29 years time ie no one going more this 11 rounds with him after 35 fights, everybody scared of him and gave belts to him rather than fight him etc etc GGG will sound equally good if not moire so already.

Yes dursan won title at 154 before challenging hagler. But GGG stops middle!eweights, not guyswho moved up from lightweight. And if jmm stepped up from lightweight you'd expect GGG to stop jmm or any lightweight, be it Floyd, jmm or Duran. GGG was crucified for wanting to beat Floyd the PFP no1 and lmw champ. So there's a little double standard thing going oin here that won't go by un noticed
                    What in the flying **** are you talking about? Hagler stopped middleweights, too. He spent his entire career stopping middleweights, and better middleweights than Golovkin ever has. If Golovkin spends the same amount of time dominating middleweight that Hagler did, yeah, I'll give him the same credit as Hagler. He hasn't come close to that yet.

If JMM moved up from lightweight to fight Golovkin, it wouldn't be the same ****ing scenario as Hagler-Duran. So whatever stupid rant you're going on to accuse me of bias makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                      I know from YOUR history, you are full of crap and you have a chip on your shoulder trying to prove how some golden age ATG fighters are NOT that great. You've done it for years. First it was Heavyweights now it's middle weights. I guess because Golovin is there. Now that's the definition of agenda and trying to rewrite history.

You were better off when you were being openly racist and stanning that mediocre fighter Margarito. I've beenj here for a while so don't act like I'm one of these noobs.
                      You don't know my history considering I hold Leonard, Duran, and Hearns higher than Hagler. I'm a big Hearns fan too. Stop pretending you know because you're way off. If Golovkin does the same as Hagler, I'll call him out for the same thing.

Openly racist, again, you don't know jack shit. I deal with people like you even in real life all the time. I provide you with a real reason and facts, then they along with you scream racism to try and degrade someone's character.
                      Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 09-14-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X