No announcement yet.

why is hagler rated sooo highly?? :/

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
    So being 62-3 with 52 KOes (2 of those loses could easily be disputed), UNDISPUTED middleweight champ for damn near 8 years, ducked absolutely no one. Robbed of the title in his 1st attempt, beat 2 out of the greats you named and the one he lost to is disputed (I thought Leonard squeeked by). All this doesn't = great? Man you standards are high.
    Yeah. Watching him in the ring, I don't know. I didn't think he was a very smart fighter. Leonard and Duran made him look clueless at times. They were two of the best, though. He had a good run. Mugabi was a great win and a hell of a fight. Alan Mintor wasn't much. Never thought much of Hamsho. I mean, his reign was long but the best guys he beat were smaller, although legendary. I don't know, man. Maybe he's like on the border of good and great. I guess I'll never be that much of a Hagler fan. You make a great case, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      I stand corrected, it was Watts
      Bobby Boogaloo Watts

No boxer was screwed over more than Hagler. He was avoided, had to have congressmen investigate why he wasn't getting any title shots, and he only didn't win because of very very questionable judging. In my mind he's in the top 3 with Robinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        dat kold truth

reality is GGG would beat Hagler into submission.
        Except a prime Hearns couldn't even put a dent in him with clean right hand power shots. Nothing in GGG's arsenal comes close to what Hearns brings, and he forced Hearns into a brawl, which hed do the same to GGG, and GGG ain't surviving a brawl with one of the most versatile and technical boxers in boxing history.

Of course, with a statement like this I know you're trolling, and wanted a reaction like this. You got what you wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          I said this the other day. His the biggest names on his record were guys who started out at 147 and 135. Lost to a couple of contenders at best too before winning a title. He has a couple of good wins against MW's and the rest were just average fighters.

His championship run was hardly murderers row.

If he was a current fighter, his resume would be torn to shreds on this forum.
          So true it would get murdered, but the people that would tear him down you be idiots.

Those guys coming up were 3 of the best ever. By the way Hearns finished his career at cruiser I believe, and SrL @ light heavy

Comment

• Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
            Bobby Boogaloo Watts

No boxer was screwed over more than Hagler. He was avoided, had to have congressmen investigate why he wasn't getting any title shots, and he only didn't win because of very very questionable judging. In my mind he's in the top 3 with Robinson.
            I think only Ray Robinson was more avoided and couldn't get a shot at WW

Comment

• Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
              I think only Ray Robinson was more avoided and couldn't get a shot at WW
              You're right. And you know why these two are ATG? They just proceeded to kick @ss to the point where they just simply could not be denied. They prostested via their actions. I wish more athletes today were like them.

Comment

Working...
              X