No announcement yet.

Let me make my little rant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    As I said earlier, it's not the criticism of 3G. The criticism is fair. I do consider myself a Golovkin fan to an extent -- I root for him and enjoy watching him step into the ring -- but at the end of the day I'm a boxing fan first and foremost. I, like most, just wanna see him in with the best competition possible. And if he was to get his ass beat I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Like I said the criticism of his lack of opposition is valid. But the board has been completely taken over by him. Like seemingly damn near 90% of the threads are related to him. The **** is out of control. I think motherf**kers are quitting their jobs just to make threads about this dude.

This is Boxing Scene, not Golovkin Scene.
    I definitely agree with this here, am not of one those who just like to criticise a boxer, i would give credit where its due. Definitely too many negative GGG threads going on at the moment. No need to drag ourselves back to the Mayweather/Pacquiao era when it was mayhem on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I think this is a great post. My problem is this was never said when the garbage was directed at Floyd and Ward like Larry said.

Respectfully, when I read posts like this, I can't help but wonder why this sort of sentiment wasn't posted back then. Perhaps if it was, we wouldn't be dealing with what we are now.

It seems that non black posters that now want to talk focus on boxing, which is where it should be, didn't care to focus on boxing when the subject was Floyd or Ward.

After years of NSB being NSB, why do we need to change it now?

It just feels very unfair that posters wouldn't call the moderators or other posters out until now. Respectfully, it feels like the primary reason many want this to stop is because GGG is white.

You rarely respond to my posts, I hope you do so now. We have smilar opinions, just coming from a different perspective.
      ALL TIME GREAT POST!!! YOU made several points and it really is that simple...they're afraid of losing their superiority complex that they live thru via GGG and white privilige...GGG represents white dominance...Mayweather represents black excellence coupled with black dominance...they represent the tug of war between race relations in america...nothing wrong if you're from europe or khazakstan to root for lil'g...but if you're american...americans are supposed to root and cheer for americans...but white americans think that they're the only americans and everyone else immigrants when they stole this land from the natives to begin with...by lil'g losing they'll have no one to live thru in boxing that'll look like them (kov loses 11-19-16) irrespective of rooting for a fellow "american"...

Comment

• tribalism.

it's the same guys supporting the same guy in every case. the tribalism is most prolific in the form of golovkin hate right now. so you just call it like you see it.

it's the same guys in every thread and having a pro or anti golovkin stance in any situation.

some guys defended the brook fight.

some guys say he's not a top p4per in spite of the fact that he clearly is ranked in the top 10 of the meaningful p4p lists.

these guys are just ****riders.

if you find yourself being pro floyd, pro manny, pro golovkin, in EVERY SINGLE THREAD you are a fanboy. it's just that simple. no fighter is perfect. if you 're "you fighter's" side every time you're a ****rider.

now, who of you wants to quote me or tag me and tell me he's not a ****rider?

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
          ALL TIME GREAT POST!!! YOU made several points and it really is that simple...they're afraid of losing their superiority complex that they live thru via GGG and white privilige...GGG represents white dominance...Mayweather represents black excellence coupled with black dominance...they represent the tug of war between race relations in america...nothing wrong if you're from europe or khazakstan to root for lil'g...but if you're american...americans are supposed to root and cheer for americans...but white americans think that they're the only americans and everyone else immigrants when they stole this land from the natives to begin with...by lil'g losing they'll have no one to live thru in boxing that'll look like them (kov loses 11-19-16) irrespective of rooting for a fellow "american"...
          You went a little bit deeper then my post.

Dr. Rumack, whom I quoted, Natas, King, One Punch, kafkod and some other GGG fans are not the problem. I completely understand the point about them feeling NSB is not tolerable with all the stuff we see.

I just wish that reasoned analysis like this would've been done back then. Then maybe this site wouldn't have as much trash as it does now.

Dr. Rumack is a strong, reasonable poster who I have no problem with, especially since he posted honestly about how he feels. He surely isn't a racist and his post isn't racism in any way.

Just for me personally, it is VERY HARD to read posts like that and not react because of how conflicted it makes me feel.

I have posted often that NSB should be cleaned up to be more about boxing with some fun in between. I just think it is EXTREMELY UNFAIR that posters express this now when they didn't then when the same things were going on, just in a different direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            tribalism.

it's the same guys supporting the same guy in every case. the tribalism is most prolific in the form of golovkin hate right now. so you just call it like you see it.

it's the same guys in every thread and having a pro or anti golovkin stance in any situation.

some guys defended the brook fight.

some guys say he's not a top p4per in spite of the fact that he clearly is ranked in the top 10 of the meaningful p4p lists.

these guys are just ****riders.

if you find yourself being pro floyd, pro manny, pro golovkin, in EVERY SINGLE THREAD you are a fanboy. it's just that simple. no fighter is perfect. if you 're "you fighter's" side every time you're a ****rider.

now, who of you wants to quote me or tag me and tell me he's not a ****rider?
            Me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of a particular fighter over another. It''s no different then being a fan of a specific team.

I think people are always on the same guys side because the topics of conversation doesn't really vary on a daily basis.

ten times a day NSB sees threads about GGG's resume. the same posters (and their alts) post in each thread. Why would you expect people to have a different opinion in each thread?

I think when the topics change, you get different opinions.

Comment

Dr. Rumack, whom I quoted, Natas, King, One Punch, kafkod and some other GGG fans are not the problem. I completely understand the point about them feeling NSB is not tolerable with all the stuff we see.

I just wish that reasoned analysis like this would've been done back then. Then maybe this site wouldn't have as much trash as it does now.

Dr. Rumack is a strong, reasonable poster who I have no problem with, especially since he posted honestly about how he feels. He surely isn't a racist and his post isn't racism in any way.

Just for me personally, it is VERY HARD to read posts like that and not react because of how conflicted it makes me feel.

I have posted often that NSB should be cleaned up to be more about boxing with some fun in between. I just think it is EXTREMELY UNFAIR that posters express this now when they didn't then when the same things were going on, just in a different direction.
              I dont know if you can really compare whats going on now to what went on in the Floyd era. I certainly didnt post hate threads because honestly I dont have the time or interest to spend a bunch of my free time talking about people I dislike. Seems like a lose-lose scenario.

That being said, I think the brilliance of Floyds self-marketing probably played a big role in the hatred he received. Its not a race thing, as Tyson, Holyfield, Hagler, SRL, SRR, Hops, etc etc didnt get that treatment. Floyd marketed himself as a money-centric douchbag, posting photos with stacks of money during a recession when many people were struggling. Sure, it generated alot of interest and stories on TMZ, etc, but the flip side of that coin is that it generates substantial hate as well. I dont personally like Floyd, but I can separate his persona from his ring accomplishments and undeniable talent. But no matter how much I dislike him, or anyone else, the idea of devoting hour after hour, day after day, to go online and slam him, well that just seems like a colossal waste of time........
              Last edited by OnePunch; 09-15-2016, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Were those bolded fans keeping it boxing when it came to mayweather and ward, or any other black boxer???...What happened to this "reasonable analysis" during that time?...You already touched on it...and did a great job of pointing out the cognitive dissonance between fans of "certain" fighters...at least your real enough to voice and point out the double standard...it is what it is tho...and now the spamming is only a problem because "white power" "white dominance" "white lies" or whatever you wanna call it is threatened when calls for lil'g to move up or take on real challenges are made...they're tryna protect that last great white hope...

Comment

Me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of a particular fighter over another. It''s no different then being a fan of a specific team.

I think people are always on the same guys side because the topics of conversation doesn't really vary on a daily basis.

ten times a day NSB sees threads about GGG's resume. the same posters (and their alts) post in each thread. Why would you expect people to have a different opinion in each thread?

I think when the topics change, you get different opinions.

dunn you were the definition of a "flowmo" for years. that's just the truth.

doesn't mean that you're not a salvageable poster, just that nobody in his right mind will ever accuse you of being a manny fanboy as well as a floyd fanboy [in different threads,] which is a sign on bscene that you are objective.

nobody is entirely objective, but there's a spectrum, and you're certainly on it

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    I dont know if you can really compare whats going on now to what went on in the Floyd era. I certainly didnt post hate threads because honestly I dont have the time or interest to spend a bunch of my free time talking about people I dislike. Seems like a lose-lose scenario.

That being said, I think the brilliance of Floyds self-marketing probably played a big role in the hatred he received. Its not a race thing, as Tyson, Holyfield, Hagler, SRL, SRR, Hops, etc etc didnt get that treatment. Floyd marketed himself as a money-centric douchbag, posting photos with stacks of money during a recession when many people were struggling. Sure, it generated alot of interest and stories on TMZ, etc, but the flip side of that coin is that it generates substantial hate as well. I dont personally like Floyd, but I can separate his persona from his ring accomplishments and undeniable talent. But no matter how much I dislike him, or anyone else, the idea of devoting hour after hour, day after day, to go online and slam him, well that just seems like a colossal waste of time........
                    I agree with you in principle. Your points, while fair and reasonable, would be valid if not for the fact posters used the same terms for Floyd as they do Ward, Broner, Wilder and Haymon. Now if your true issue is arrogance, then that type of response to Floyd and Broner makes sense. When you then use the same terms for the other 3, its hard to believe that is your real problem.

With Floyd, the fans that liked him were all said to be the same, black, ******, urban. The same thing is being done to define those that criticize GGG. This way, no matter who questions a point made in a post, they can be dismissed as "one of them." If anything on NSB needs to cease, its that.

But that is off my point.

The massive similar hate threads is ridiculous and I don't participate in that. Part of me agrees with Rumack and wants NSB cleaned up. Part of me understands the points all of you make.

Honestly though, a bigger part of me wants you all to go through what I had to as a Floyd fan on NSB. The race baiting, group labeling, the constant BS threads.

It's been 6 months and you guys are already fed up. LOL! As a Floyd fan, part of me feels you need another 5 years of this to truly understand the feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      dunn you were the definition of a "flowmo" for years. that's just the truth.

doesn't mean that you're not a salvageable poster, just that nobody in his right mind will ever accuse you of being a manny fanboy as well as a floyd fanboy [in different threads,] which is a sign on bscene that you are objective.

nobody is entirely objective, but there's a spectrum, and you're certainly on it
                      what. dude I was called a ******* for posting that I thought Manny beat Tim and that I thought Maidana won rounds against Floyd. I've been redk'd for saying Floyd was lying in the TRT video.

The reality is when I (or some other noted floyd fans) say something negative about Floyd it neutralizes his detractors. So they do not respond.

Perfect example was the $40 mil, no PPV offer. I got KILLED or my opinion. The day we found out what manny got I came on and posted I was dead wrong. Like 2 posters aknowledged that.

I am upfront about the fighters I dislike. Whenever its about BOXING, I give Manny, GGG, Kov, SRL, ODH, wlad their proper credit.

If it's about something else, well then I can be a bit of a douchebag.

Comment

Working...
                      X