Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo-Smith over/under 300k buys this weekend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on the money. After Pac May the public is still disgusted with the PPV model, and ducking GGG didn't help Canelos imagine any.

Comment

It will do about 350-400 if they're lucky.

Comment

I think it will be close but I voted under. Remembering how Floyd vs Berto sold around 400-500k, much less than his normal numbers due to both the viewed mismatch and also discontent from his last fight, similar to this fight, tells me that the numbers will be well down on his average.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          I'd love to know what PPV numbers Canelo would do on a weekend that isn't a Mexican holiday v a guy like Smith.

I think we'd get the truth that him being a superstar is a myth, no matter how much they try to tell people he is.
          Lara, Angulo, and Cotto weren't held on Mexican holidays

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            WBC mandates that

and IBF mandates the weigh-in on the morning of the fight

i don't think the WBO or WBA have any anti-weight-cutting measures (?)
            Also, the Texas Commission doesn't give 1 ****.
            I'll be surprised if there's a post fight drug test

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              I'd love to know what PPV numbers Canelo would do on a weekend that isn't a Mexican holiday v a guy like Smith.

I think we'd get the truth that him being a superstar is a myth, no matter how much they try to tell people he is.
              What difference would that make?I feel no greater urge to buy his ppv during Mexican Independence weekend, or the American manufactured 5 de Mayo, as I would any other day. I'll be buying this weekend exactly as I would if he fought a month ago.

He fought Angulo in March and Lara in July, both PPV's before. Hell he even fought Cotto in November, so it seems you already have the a answer.

Comment

Way under Canelo-Khan. I'd say right at 300K

Comment

i bet at&t stadium will look empty

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    I'll be streaming for sure.
                    Ditto...........

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Right on the money. After Pac May the public is still disgusted with the PPV model, and ducking GGG didn't help Canelos imagine any.
                      No, they're disgusted with boxing. I think I read that the UFC, since last November, has sold 6 PPV that did 1 million or better...goes to show what making the best fights can actually accomplish...

Comment

Working...
                      X