Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the fact that gggs opponents do better than expected prove he's overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the fact that gggs opponents do better than expected prove he's overrated.

I like golovkin and he has dominant wins but recently Stevens, Rosado, Murray, Brook all did better than expected and their stock rose after fighting ggg.

After most Floyd, Kovalev,Manny,Ward, Rigo, Wlad fights we talk about how they dominated and outclassed a top guy in their division but gggs opponents seem to have alot of success.

No, hes still destroying everyone.

Comment

no, people who know and understand boxing saw some flaws that can be exploited by the right fighter, some took it too far and say he was exposed and hes a bum now. its just that hes human and has flaws as a fighter. on the other hand u have his fanatics saying he looked bad and got hit on purpose, this is pathetic. hes still winning, still the best in his division. He just didn't look good at all in this effort. time will tell. I think his fanatics overrate him, saying things like hed beat ward, and on the other hand some of his haters take it too far saying hes a bum, but he is a good fighter at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
        I like golovkin and he has dominant wins but recently Stevens, Rosado, Murray, Brook all did better than expected and their stock rose after fighting ggg.

After most Floyd, Kovalev,Manny,Ward, Rigo, Wlad fights we talk about how they dominated and outclassed a top guy in their division but gggs opponents seem to have alot of success.
        Floyd out boxed guys while GGG breaks them down and puts them away. People like to see knockouts and this is what he brings to the table.

People that have faced him seem to talk about his subtle attributes quite a bit. Things like his pressure, ability to cut off the ring and his punch placement.

If GGG fights start going to decisions, you might have a point but as of right now, he's breaking orbitals and winning by TKOs.

Comment

No, everyone complains about the commentating, but they are also swayed by it.

In several Golovkin fights, max, jim or whoever will always end with "maybe GGG showed enough vulnerability that another top fighter will agree to fight him". Keep in mind that these were all knockouts.

Golovkin had an off night against Kell, and still broke his face.

Comment

People only expect them to fare poorly because Golovkin is a machine, much more devastating than any of the fighter you mentioned.

Comment

Saying you will ko opponents but noit being able too get anywhere close to it means you are no as great ss you want to be.

It means GGG opponents are underated. Brook was seen AS pushover when in reality brook is very good fighter.

Not being able to step up to the Pilate to face him is self explanatitory
              Last edited by hugh grant; 09-13-2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Triple G is a monster. Sometimes I don't get the hate on this board. GGG is like when you get tired of your kids playing too much while you're watching a football game. You make them sit down sternly. That was after Kell Brook's 2nd round. Kell brook annoyed him. So instead of a backhand, He broke his orbital bone. I'm far from a G-tard. I call it how it is.

Comment

Those guys all got stopped and won 2 rounds combined?

Comment

floyd lost as many rounds to guerrero as ggg did to all those guys. floyd=overrated oh wait its different becuse he has slick style so he's expected to lose rounds or something. part of slickness. getting beat up by maidana and cotto also goes with slickness.

Comment

Working...
                    X