Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: DeGale, Eubank, Saunders Are UK Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeGale's performance with Porky Medina doesn't give me the warm feeling that he can beat Badou Jack! It doesn't make a difference because GGG is not moving up to 168 before he gets a chance to fight Canelo. The only question is whether GGG is fighting Saunders or Jacobs next. I think they pay Jacobs a step-aside fee and promise him a fight in 2017, and then face Saunders while he's still a hot ticket in the UK. If Saunders loses to Canelo, then GGG loses. Saunders brings more money than Jacobs, especially now with the NY insurance rules. Jacobs is not that hot outside of Brooklyn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
      Degale will humiliate GGG
      yeah, right up until he doesnt.

And then you will be right here talking smack about how Degale was a bum, struggled with a shot Bute, plodding Medina, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        It doesn't make a difference because GGG is not moving up to 168 before he gets a chance to fight Canelo.
        GGG will not get a chance to touch Canelo as long as the latter serves as a reliable cash cow. It may take years to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          yeah, right up until he doesnt.

And then you will be right here talking smack about how Degale was a bum, struggled with a shot Bute, plodding Medina, etc etc
          No, they will make 20 threads about how GGG got exposed, yet won. That seems to be the norm here. This is how it goes

"GGG took a punch from Lemieux, exposed?"

"Wade schooled GGG in first 30 seconds, what a bum"

"GGG's reputation won him against Brook!"

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
            No, they will make 20 threads about how GGG got exposed, yet won. That seems to be the norm here. This is how it goes

"GGG took a punch from Lemieux, exposed?"

"Wade schooled GGG in first 30 seconds, what a bum"

"GGG's reputation won him against Brook!"

lol I know, right? It's like, GGG took a punch from a top rated fighter, time to retire and do the walk of shame.......lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Loeffler is only saying what the hardcore Golovkin fans like to hear. Degale is NOT going to be considered. Eubank, yes, but only if he gets a better deal than the last one. No risks will be taken until after an Alvarez fight at 160 is dead. Oh and one other thing...Trip wasn't sick as per his team. My theory is that they were trying to see how 158 felt as a possible catchweight since pounds will equal money in the negotiation with GBP next year. What better time to test it out than against a blown up welterweight.
              Damn thats a good theory. I also doubt they will go for degale until after unifying all belts. I think his team wants Canelo for the money but GGG isnt too fussed.

Comment

Originally posted by aintsmall View Post
                GGG will not get a chance to touch Canelo as long as the latter serves as a reliable cash cow. It may take years to wait.
                Then he'll wait another year or two!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Then he'll wait another year or two!
                  No, he can't. Gennady sincerely cares about his haters and tries to give them some food at least every quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by aintsmall View Post
                    No, he can't. Gennady sincerely cares about his haters and tries to give them some food at least every quarter.
                    Golovkin can fight Saunders, Jacobs, Eubank Jr., and another Mandatory before Canelo. That easily two years right there! Hopefully Canelo fights him next fall, and then he can move on!

Comment

Golovkin vs Degale next year sounds great...Jacobs 1st though

Comment

Working...
                      X