No announcement yet.

Billy Joe Saunders to fight GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Sign me up for a Brook/Saunders fight next year.
    Yeah I reckon Brook could beat him size/strength wouldn't be an issue in that one a very interesting match up.

Comment

BJS has no opponent yet, they were supposed to announce one last Monday and never did. He might get pulled off the October card and just go straight to December fight with GGG. They'll use the momentum from Brook/Golovkin to promote the fight.
      True that..

But Golovkin has a mandated fight with Jacobs & the WBA 30 day clock has ticked off as of yesterday, by 9-Oct if they don't agree then it goes to purse bids & the fight within 120 days of that.. That is why I said probable by next year, had WBA not initiated the 30 day period then I would have been convinced on Nov/Dec date with BJS..

Comment

I'd rather him fight Jacobs because people will screaming "duck" if Golovkin chooses Saunders, even though Golovkin had previously tried getting fights with both fighters who are both top guys in the division.

But I don't think Saunders is too crazy about a Golovkin fight at all, despite his tweets after the fight on Saturday.

Comment

BJS & Golovkin would be most welcome. That will finish the whole 'unification' theme one way or another, and Golovkin can reass his options.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
            True that..

But Golovkin has a mandated fight with Jacobs & the WBA 30 day clock has ticked off as of yesterday, by 9-Oct if they don't agree then it goes to purse bids & the fight within 120 days of that.. That is why I said probable by next year, had WBA not initiated the 30 day period then I would have been convinced on Nov/Dec date with BJS..
            K2 would file a special permission to unify with Saunders, and the WBA would likely grant it. The WBA mandated Sturm/Golovkin in April 2012 to fight by September, but in May Sturm requested permission to unify with Geale. Same thing here.

Comment

K2 would file a special permission to unify with Saunders, and the WBA would likely grant it. The WBA mandated Sturm/Golovkin in April 2012 to fight by September, but in May Sturm requested permission to unify with Geale. Same thing here.
              But remind me again, they had not entered the 30 days negotiation period then, had they? iirc they hadn't, but happy to be corrected..

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                I'd rather him fight Jacobs because people will screaming "duck" if Golovkin chooses Saunders, even though Golovkin had previously tried getting fights with both fighters who are both top guys in the division.

But I don't think Saunders is too crazy about a Golovkin fight at all, despite his tweets after the fight on Saturday.
                In a phone interview I recon it was yesterday BJS said I will absolutely fight Golovkin next but also said "show me the money".. So his demands are simple & honestly he will fight for lesser than what Brook fought but the sad part is he won't sell like Brook ala Sky's hype..

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Go to 6:00 where Frank Warren is introducing Tom Loeffler.

"Hopefully we'll be able to announce who he (GGG) is fighting next"

Thoughts?
                  As with everything in boxing, it'll come down to the money in the deal. Believe him or not, the initial deal, according to Saunders, had him fighting for $1.5m and possibly an event upside that he thought was ridiculous (I doubt that there was actually any event upside in the deal, but I'll parrot the statement to continue the conversation).

If K2 can't get Saunders his money, Saunders moves on to the next option for a big fight (a likely showdown with Saul Alvarez would make sense).

not too complicated.

Comment

I like for Gennady to fight BJS first just to get the unification done. Then we can see how bad Jacobs really wants it. Gotta be hard to turn down a fight where you can instantly win all those belts if you truly feel you can win.

Comment

I thought Jacobs then Saunders would be better if Saunders is fighting on the Fury undercard.

Unless they move him from that for the GGG fight in December.

GGG v Jacobs or Saunders next is aright.

If he does both fights in a row then he has basically cleaned out the division if he wins. Unless Canelo plans to fight him (which he doesn't), he'll have no reason not to move up by the early-mid part of 2017.

Comment

Working...
                      X