No announcement yet.

Official Comments Thread: "Miracle Man" Jacobs vs "Good Boy" Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
    Exactly, the emotional Box Nation commentators were horrible.

If GGG wasn't hurting Jacobs by their estimation that automatically means he's getting outboxed. Fvking pathetic. GG's jab was dominating Jacobs in the first 2 rounds, dunno how people give the first 3 to Jacobs. Plus he hurt him multiple times and overall landed the cleaner punches.
    This one. I felt the same way. I was watching boxnation streaming, and I was thinking WTF, Golovkin took those first 3 rounds in my book. But ok I'm going to rewatch it and see if I'm wrong.

Comment

Canelo doesn't have the height, reach, footspeed or overall size for that to matter.
      Canelo-GGG is surely going 12, with no KD's, Canelo's chin is pretty good. No matter what you think attributed to GGG-Jacobs going 12, you better believe Canelo-GGG will also go 12. If GGG fights like this again, he won't win a decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Canelo-GGG is surely going 12, with no KD's, Canelo's chin is pretty good. No matter what you think attributed to GGG-Jacobs going 12, you better believe Canelo-GGG will also go 12. If GGG fights like this again, he won't win a decision.
        Jacobs hits harder, is longer, faster feet, taller probably weighed 185 .

Canelo is shorter, weaker power, better chin, and slow footed.

Styles make fights.

Comment

no one will ever win a decision vs Canelo and you know that. Mayweather had a draw card against Canelo.

Comment

• Well , it was a close fight , and it really puts the breaks on GGG hype train , even if he scratched by , he did just that , to his credit Jacobs is a world class boxer , but i dont think GGG has what it takes to fight the biggest of the 168 crop , age is catching up fast and moving up seems like a big mistake for him , Canelo on the other hand is a completely different fight for GGG , he is not jacobs , he stands in the middle of the ring and counters its an easier fight for GGG then Jacobs, props to him for fighting back after the KD and bringing it back to even.

Comment

Are you a clown? Comparing Jacobs and Canelo? Canelo is a midget next to Jacobs, Jacobs size had lots to do with the trouble GGG had. Canelo is smaller than GGG and can't use his physical traits as an advantage. The hell is wrong with people?

Comment

Jacobs hits harder, is longer, faster feet, taller probably weight 185 .

Canelo is shorter, weaker power, better chin, and slow footed.

Styles make fights.
                That's true that styles make fights.

I don't think Canelo is slower or has slower footwork. Canelo is also a better combination puncher, a better body puncher as well. He also covers up much better.

Canelo also doesn't throw lazy punches like Jacobs sometimes did, he has more conviction behind his punches.

With that said, I want to see Canelo vs Lemiuex or Lee and I want to see him dominate them. I wanted to see more of Jacobs before GGG, I didn't think he was ready, while he proved me wrong and was ready and did way better than I predicted (TKO loss 5-8), I think he could've done better had he had more top 10 experience. Canelo will probably fight Chavez Jr and go straight in with GGG without having beaten 1 legit top 10 MW. While Cotto was the MW champ, he weighed a meager 153lbs, very small so Canelo hasn't felt a true MW's power yet.

Comment

• Golovkin goes the distance, he automatically loses yall. Golovkin sealed it with the 12th round imo, you mfers crying go take some midol and change your tampon and the ignorant mfer that had to bring race into it talking about white people being biased and comparing this fight to the Kovalov/Ward fight you just showed your hand you dumb fck. I along with a ton of other "WHITE" people said it was a close fight and could have gone either way you bigoted prick.

Comment

That's true that styles make fights.

I don't think Canelo is slower or has slower footwork. Canelo is also a better combination puncher, a better body puncher as well. He also covers up much better.

Canelo also doesn't throw lazy punches like Jacobs sometimes did, he has more conviction behind his punches.

With that said, I want to see Canelo vs Lemiuex or Lee and I want to see him dominate them. I wanted to see more of Jacobs before GGG, I didn't think he was ready, while he proved me wrong and was ready and did way better than I predicted (TKO loss 5-8), I think he could've done better had he had more top 10 experience. Canelo will probably fight Chavez Jr and go straight in with GGG without having beaten 1 legit top 10 MW. While Cotto was the MW champ, he weighed a meager 153lbs, very small so Canelo hasn't felt a true MW's power yet.
                    Canelo might have faster hands but his footwork is slower, and that's the main issue. He gets crushed on the ropes.

Comment

• Originally posted by downklown View Post
                      Jabs won this fight for GGG. He jabbed Jacobs to death but i guess since jabs aren't as flashy people overlook them.
                      Overall, great PPV from HBO.
                      I was really surprised that the announcers on Boxnation weren't saying anything about Golovkin's jab but Barry was slobbering over everything that Danny was throwing.

Close fight though and Jacobs slowed things down enough to make it competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X