Official Comments Thread: "Miracle Man" Jacobs vs "Good Boy" Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    That didn't help Quillin.

Quillin had enough power to stop Jacobs....but look what happened.

Jacobs has KO power in both hands...what if GGG gets caught??

Hmmmmmmm

Don't give me that iron chin shi.t...Margarito and Librado Andrade used to have one of those.

If GGG pulls out with his hands down against Jacobs(like he always does)he'll be the one on the canvas.

Jacobs is all wrong for Golovkin
    Wrong. Golovkin is all wrong for Jacobs. Jacobs has a puncher's chance at best and you know it.

Comment

I think Golovkin will flatten Jacobs. Jacobs will fight much more scared than usual, he won't let his hands go as much and will be pressured by Golovkin until he lands a good one and it'll be curtains for Jacobs.

If you want to have any chance against Golovkin, you really have to go in and try and win like Brook did and throw, not survive. If you try to survive, he will break you down anyway. If i was Jacobs, i'd go in and take my chances landing shots and hope it works. If it's not good enough then it is what it is. Jacobs isn't a master boxer or anything so his best chance is to see if he can land shots.

As soon as GGG gets him though, he will fold him like a chair. It will be flashbacks of the Pirog fight.

Comment

My prediction isn't in the poll: HBO TKO 0. They will prevent the fight from happening cause they suck

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          I think Golovkin will flatten Jacobs. Jacobs will fight much more scared than usual, he won't let his hands go as much and will be pressured by Golovkin until he lands a good one and it'll be curtains for Jacobs.

If you want to have any chance against Golovkin, you really have to go in and try and win like Brook did and throw, not survive. If you try to survive, he will break you down anyway. If i was Jacobs, i'd go in and take my chances landing shots and hope it works. If it's not good enough then it is what it is. Jacobs isn't a master boxer or anything so his best chance is to see if he can land shots.

As soon as GGG gets him though, he will fold him like a chair. It will be flashbacks of the Pirog fight.
          This is a great well thought out post!

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Jacobs's chin doesn't have to be iron if he catches GGG and knocks him out.

Golovkin's flaws were put on full display by a WW.
            I 100% agree that Golovkin was exposed. It comes down to who can catch who first now but GGG is likelier to take Jacobs punch than Jacobs is to take Golovkins. Let's not be naive about that. One fighter was knocked out and put on the canvas by Mora while the other hasn't been down once amateur or pro.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

That's why you aren't a professional fighter.

Comment

I saw how Jacobs fought against Pirog. I hope it's not a repeat.

Comment

Jacobs lands on GGG early but GGG keeps him at bay with the jab and crushes him with precise bodyshots. Jacobs is staggering around the ring by the 4th rd and hits the deck in the 5th. He gets up and gets wrecked with a right hook and knocked out cold mid-5th rd.

Comment

Nobody at 160 beats Golovkin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                      That's why you aren't a professional fighter.
                      Of course.

But i mean what other gameplan can you have against Golovkin if you're Jacobs? try to be cute and tricky and land single shots? If you're as good Floyd maybe it could work, but not for Jacobs. Golovkin is too good at cutting off the ring and pressuring, so trying to stay away won't work unless you're master of controlling distance.

Jacobs best attribute is his power and accuracy. So he would be a bit stupid to go in there and not try and land shots like Kell Brook did. Yeah it might get him flattened, but at least he'll be fighting to his strengths and trying to win.

If you go in the fight with Golovkin and your Plan A is to survive, you won't.
                      Last edited by deathofaclown; 09-11-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X