Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trainer made a business decision

Comment

• Jr Middleweight just got a bit more crowded. Brook has arrived.

Comment

• That was a cheap stoppage, with the trainer looking after his cash cow at the expense of all the people who paid to watch the fight.

Having said that Kell Brook did a lot better than I thought he would. I'd like to see him fight Canelo.

Comment

• Great showing by Kell just GGG a natural MW that strength and power showed , Gennady said himself Brook is not a MW and not strong enough , a fractured eye socket is a bad injury because it plays havoc with your vision I thought the corners stoppage was noble although not fan friendly Kell was just getting over powered the further the fight went .

No wonder they didnt want Ward he would box Gennadys ears off .

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            GG just said to sky that hes not a MW and isnt strong
            GGG is so stupid, he doesn't realize how bad that makes him look. Because the fight I saw. If he were a natural middleweight, he would've f.uck'd GGG's overrated ass up.

Comment

• GGG not a draw? Crashed Bscene.

Comment

• Golovkin gets hit too much. Will he ever land a fight with a middleweight that can capitalize?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  Trainer made a business decision
                  Cmon, Brook had broken eye socket.. my respect for Brook but GGG is just too strong for him.

Comment

• I had no issue with the stoppage, Brook was going to take further punishment in a fight he was never going to turn in his favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      You really expected to be impressed with this particular performance, given the opponent? I'm just glad he got it over with, without suffering any injury or cut. The last thing MW needed was another non-MW winning a belt.

This was clearly the worse version of GGG we've seen. It feels like he turned off his brain and just threw punches. I think the other top MWs will start getting brave because GGG looked vulnerable.
                      Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                      I don't know wtf happened....he must really not have been able to see because Brook was making GGG look like Shawn Porter...
                      Did you guys really turn the tv off and start posting out of your angus?

GGG and his corner already said in the post fight interview with HBO that GGG was trying to rush the KO and was just swinging for the fences intentionally.

Abel was trying to remind him it was a 12 round fight, and GGG himself gave himself a 3-4/10 performance and said "this was not world class".

Or are you two just ignoring those facts? There is nothing to be concerned about. GGG literally called it a sparring session.
                      Last edited by LoadedWraps; 09-10-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X