No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
    lol that video prooved GGG's chin. As he steps back he still has balance. Totally different than Brook being hurt.
    Wow what a delusional fanboy...The guy got wobbled and clinched to recover,,,seriously man that is just pathetic...

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post

It's boxing....It happens....
      There isn't really much in that, there is definitely a little reaction and unsteadiness in his upper body but it is a pretty full on shot as well. That kid might be able to crack as well, he doesn't have a good record but that doesn't mean he can't punch, its too hard to say. In fairness I would say it was kind of similar to Brook's reaction to Senchenko's shot. Here is the thing, if Brook and Senchenko were both middleweights and Brook got rocked and was now facing the hardest hitting middleweight (which he is) than I wouldn't put too much stock into it, but because it happened at welterweight and Senchenko isn't even one of the biggest hitting welterweights out there, its hard to believe that Brook IF hit properly on the chin, will be able to absorb it from Golovkin, and I think Golovkin is good enough and smart enough to find Brook with clean shots.

To be fair I didn't know about this - so thanks for the video.

Ive always believed that Brook's only chance in this fight for is doing something like this to Golovkin early in the fight. He really needs to sting him, or ideally drop him, does he have that kind of power? That is the million dollar question. He keeps referencing Sugar Ray's performance against Hagler, but there was less uncertainty about Leonard going into that fight, about that qualities he possessed, we knew he had an iron chin (even though Duran wobbled him), we knew he was absolutely top drawer already, we knew he was faster, and we knew he had incredible stamina. OK Golovkin is not Hagler, and Brook is not Sugar Ray, but the same principles apply. Do we have the same certainty about Brook? I would say no, we haven't seen it, or enough of it to know that he has those abilities. There is also uncertainty around Golovkin too, thats what makes this fight very interesting, both guys to the eyeball test look the business, but we haven't seen enough evidence at the highest level to say they are iron clad great fighters either...very interesting fight.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            There isn't really much in that, there is definitely a little reaction and unsteadiness in his upper body but it is a pretty full on shot as well. That kid might be able to crack as well, he doesn't have a good record but that doesn't mean he can't punch, its too hard to say. In fairness I would say it was kind of similar to Brook's reaction to Senchenko's shot. Here is the thing, if Brook and Senchenko were both middleweights and Brook got rocked and was now facing the hardest hitting middleweight (which he is) than I wouldn't put too much stock into it, but because it happened at welterweight and Senchenko isn't even one of the biggest hitting welterweights out there, its hard to believe that Brook IF hit properly on the chin, will be able to absorb it from Golovkin, and I think Golovkin is good enough and smart enough to find Brook with clean shots.

To be fair I didn't know about this - so thanks for the video.

Ive always believed that Brook's only chance in this fight for is doing something like this to Golovkin early in the fight. He really needs to sting him, or ideally drop him, does he have that kind of power? That is the million dollar question. He keeps referencing Sugar Ray's performance against Hagler, but there was less uncertainty about Leonard going into that fight, about that qualities he possessed, we knew he had an iron chin (even though Duran wobbled him), we knew he was absolutely top drawer already, we knew he was faster, and we knew he had incredible stamina. OK Golovkin is not Hagler, and Brook is not Sugar Ray, but the same principles apply. Do we have the same certainty about Brook? I would say no, we haven't seen it, or enough of it to know that he has those abilities. There is also uncertainty around Golovkin too, thats what makes this fight very interesting, both guys to the eyeball test look the business, but we haven't seen enough evidence at the highest level to say they are iron clad great fighters either...very interesting fight.
            Oh of course. Neither are anything much and both recovered within seconds. I would usually agree with the assessment about the weight but Brook was hurt with a shot high on the head which tells me it was likely contributed to by Kell being drained partially at WW.

If GGG can land the shot that he landed on Monroe Jr then who he's fighting doesn't matter, and tbh it doesn't matter much who's throwing punch. The genius is in GGG creating the opportunity to sit down on a punch like that and land it so clean and precise(he obviously is quite a puncher as well).

The fight could be Leonard/Hagler or it could be Norris/ Jackson... We don't know. Ain't like we gotta wait long to find out now...

Comment

Wow what a delusional fanboy...The guy got wobbled and clinched to recover,,,seriously man that is just pathetic...
              He took a step back and still had his balance. You literally showed your ignorance posting that garbage. It has more dislikes on youtube for a reason.

lmao that dude had to video edit and make it slomo just to try to make a point.

You just proved GGG's chin with that video.
              Last edited by ( . Y . ); 09-07-2016, 06:16 PM.

Comment

He took a step back and still had his balance. You literally showed your ignorance posting that garbage. It has more dislikes on youtube for a reason.

lmao that dude had to video edit and make it slomo just to try to make a point.

You just proved GGG's chin with that video.

I guess Love REALLY is blind....damn....

Comment

I guess Love REALLY is blind....damn....
                  Blind that he took a full shot and still had his legs as he stepped back? Your video is garbage. That is why it has 39 dislikes. Sorry bro. Maybe upload something better next time.

Comment

Blind that he took a full shot and still had his legs as he stepped back? Your video is garbage. That is why it has 39 dislikes. Sorry bro. Maybe upload something better next time.
                    You are literally denying video evidence like a fool..

You are pathetic. The GGG fan above you happily admitted GGG was buzzed. No one even questioned his chin you insecure fanboy.

Comment

• brook will get stopped by ggg countering over his lazy ass jab. 6th or 7th round

Comment

Working...
                      X