No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    It's mostly racism and hatred from a certain demographic who used to worship Floyd and now hate GGG because GGG is white. If GGG was african american he would be the All Time Great in their eyes.

Doug Fisher explains it in more detail here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=721517

For everyone else GGG is basically a boxing fan's dream fighter. Everything we asked for and more.

No, that's not it.

That's a very small percentage of trolls.

I'll tell you like I tell everyone else, I was Floyd's biggest fan here after larryx, and I am one of GGG's biggest fans. I am not black, or white.

Real boxing fans like me have no color/nation boundries.

Don't make this about color or flag, it's about skill and taste in styles.

Comment

• Comment

• I have returned. Graceful God is the savior of boxing! MMA is dead!

Comment

• Golovkin's initial reaction to Brook offer

Perhaps no one more so than Golovkin himself as K2 Promotions’ Managing Director Tom Loeffer told him about the 11th hour switch.

“Yeah, my first reaction is big surprise,” he said last week at the Summit in Big Bear, California, after his day’s work had concluded, “because, every time with Chris Eubank, I would think it’s close because I told Tom, ‘I need fight in UK, new public, new fans, news marketing.’ (Loeffler) said, ‘OK, I have just one surprise for you – Kell Brook. ’ I said, ‘Wow, look, Tom, this is not serious. This is not respect. He’s small.’

“‘(Loeffler) said, ‘No, believe me; he’s not small. He’s going to 160. He wants deal at 160. He said, if he beats you, he wants all your belts.’ I said, ‘OK, gimme a chance to watch him.’ I look at him; yeah, he’s big, maybe a little bit smaller in the shoulders. He’s got muscles, he’s big. So I said, ‘Yeah, OK, Tom, you know my style. He comes to my category, 160, my weight division. It doesn’t matter. I’ll fight anybody. It doesn’t matter. Just take the the deal. I’m ready.'”

But given that Golovkin and his trainer Abel Sanchez were critical of Saul Alvarez defending his WBC middleweight title against Amir Khan, who, like Brook, is a welterweight, is there a bit of irony – if not hypocrisy – in facing a 147-pound beltholder? Golovkin admitted his initial reaction to Loeffler was, ”Look, please, I’m not respecting this.”
          Name dropping DeGale again-

“It’s great. I’ve stayed a few times in the UK, huge fans, very close to Mexican fans. People from UK understand boxing and its history. I’ve had two fights with (Matthew) Macklin and Martin Murray from England. I talked with Chris Eubank (Jr.) and Carl Froch, maybe 168, (IBF super middleweight titlist) James DeGale, with him in the future, now with Kell Brook. So I told Tom, ‘I want chance to show, to bring my style to everybody, true boxing fans like the United States Mexican boxing fan.'”
          http://ucnlive.com/gennady-golovkin-...ly-ol-england/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            It's mostly racism and hatred from a certain demographic who used to worship Floyd and now hate GGG because GGG is white. If GGG was african american he would be the All Time Great in their eyes.

Doug Fisher explains it in more detail here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=721517

For everyone else GGG is basically a boxing fan's dream fighter. Everything we asked for and more.
            What about the other side of the demographic?

You know, those who can't stand Ward and Mayweather

And like to think every Mayweather fan is uneducated, a criminal, and on welfare?
            Last edited by Golden Boi 360; 09-05-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• The fight will generate one of the top two gates of the year, the best ratings, and possibly the most entertaining fight. Definitely the biggest event. Instead of being bitter, sit back and enjoy what could be one of the best fights of the year.

Comment

• Golovkin ko eight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                  The fight will generate one of the top two gates of the year, the best ratings, and possibly the most entertaining fight. Definitely the biggest event. Instead of being bitter, sit back and enjoy what could be one of the best fights of the year.
                  yep and it burns the mayweather and slickster fans so bad. Hopefully after Ward is brutally stopped they leave the sport forever. They are so bitter and listless since their god retired. They have nothing else to do but pretend to be Canelo fans now. Sad and disgraceful.

Golovkin IS boxing and some people just cant handle that now.

Comment

• Hopefully a sign of things to come (more UK fights).

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Hopefully a sign of things to come (more UK fights).
                      Just look at those Brits there!...
                      Brits always represented and still represent the most educated public...

Comment

Working...
                      X