Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see if floyd gets inspired and takes the Golovkin test. AT 154 too, same weight he fought Cotta at.

Comment

• GIF: Golovkin - Brook

Last edited by 1hourRun; 09-12-2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Wow, you guys are amazing. So amazing I actually took the pain to register here, because I need to make sure.
        In the bout I saw, Golvokin won by TKO, and Brook was taken to hospital afterwards. Apparently many of you saw a different fight, in which Brook kicked GGG's ass (or at least "would have"). Unfortunetaly i can't find that footage anywhere - please be sure to post it on YT once you've finished videocapturing it from your nintendo.

Comment

• Originally posted by AriostoPl View Post
          Wow, you guys are amazing. So amazing I actually took the pain to register here, because I need to make sure.
          In the bout I saw, Golvokin won by TKO, and Brook was taken to hospital afterwards. Apparently many of you saw a different fight, in which Brook kicked GGG's ass (or at least "would have"). Unfortunetaly i can't find that footage anywhere - please be sure to post it on YT once you've finished videocapturing it from your nintendo.

Strong first post.

Welcome to BoxingScene.

Comment

• The British fans in attendance roared at everything Kell did and tried to do so it gave viewers a great sound bite!
            GGG looked awkward and was awkward when he stopped using his jab when he pursued Kell. So he looked impatient as he lost his concentration.
            He did this with Kell, you didn't see GGG do this with his other opponents.
            He has an excellant jab that has power and an opponent feels they know theres other stuff coming!
            Kell got hit with punches that were extended so he took them well but in the last round GGG found his distance and the arm shots were replaced with punches that still had angle to his arms and the fists were getting ready to punch threw the target. His corner saw what I saw! So that was that!

Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Strong first post.

Welcome to BoxingScene.
              Thanks.
              I'm a huge Brook fan and think he's possibly the best WW, but - like many - I thought this fight made no sense whatsoever. I wanted to see if others felt the same way so started reading this thread. Many guys betting on Brook, well, strange but OK. But when I read Brook was winning the fight when it was stopped - that was too much for me . If your imagination is that strong, why watch the fight at all!
              So, I did not intend to comment, but that much disconnection from reality took me by surprise .

Comment

• It was a good fight. Brook gave a great performance. I thought he did very well when he got his punches off first. But once Golovkin started landing Brook was taking serious punishment. Ggg was starting to pour it on and Brook was taking a brutal beating, not to mention the eye socket being damaged.

Golovkin def has holes in his game, but your going to have to deal with that power if you want to beat him

Comment

• "Wow, you guys are amazing. So amazing I actually took the pain to register here, because I need to make sure.
                  In the bout I saw, Golvokin won by TKO, and Brook was taken to hospital afterwards. Apparently many of you saw a different fight, in which Brook kicked GGG's ass (or at least "would have"). Unfortunetaly i can't find that footage anywhere - please be sure to post it on YT once you've finished videocapturing it from your nintendo."

Seriously. If I hadn't watched the fight I would think GGG got whooped by the rhetoric some people are using here. It's insane, GGG stepped on the gas pedal and ended the fight at will all the while walking through brooks shots

Comment

• Terrible fight that had no real reason to be made in the first place.

Comment

• The interview Brook had with Lampley after the fight showed a man extremely at odds with the stoppage. Hearing him cry "knock me out" in his funny sounding voice made me believe the man still had a lot of fight left in him. Apart from that minor brush with death in the first round, he took GGG's best punches and somehow managed to stay standing, not only that, he was firing back and even winning exchanges.

We just witnessed a man put his body and life's work on the line that took YEARS to build, yet some of you still have the nerve to post something negative from an otherwise valiant attempt to achieve greatness. I almost feel sad for those in this thread using Brook's fractured eye socket to discredit his heart.

Not everyday we get to witness a boxer move up two weight divisions to challenge a champion who's also considered to be one of - if not - the most dangerous puncher in recent times. We got to see that materialize TWICE this year in the forms of Amir Khan and Kell Brook. These two warriors deserve to be showered with praise from us boxing fans, it promotes and encourages more boxers to take risks, seek out tougher challenges and dare to be great.

Comment

Working...
                      X