Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin 167.8, Kell Brook 168 - IBF's Fight Day Weighin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    When Golovkin starts rehydrating into the 180's like Peter Quillin did vs Zerafa or Geale did vs Cotto, then you can say he's too big for MW.
    I choose to say it when he looks like a skeleton on the scales, and has to leave the pressers straight away for the sauna or treadmill,just because he doesn't pack on as much water weight as those guys, doesn't mean he isn't struggling with his weight.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
      So,you expect him only to gain two more pounds throughout the day. I have some prime land in Idaho I'd like to sell you...😏
      You dont know how cutting water weight in boxing works huh.

Its ok, youre not alone

Comment

I choose to say it when he looks like a skeleton on the scales, and has to leave the pressers straight away for the sauna or treadmill,just because he doesn't pack on as much water weight as those guys, doesn't mean he isn't struggling with his weight.
        WTF are you even talking about? GGG walks around at 170 and is always about 165 one month away from the fight and about 163 a week before the fight.

On fight night he is about 169-172. Last time he was 168.5 in the morning and on fight night he was 170. (Against Lemieux)

Other bigger MWs walk around at 180 and rehydrate to 175. Canelo fighting at 155 rehydrates 20+ lb, while GGG who fights at 160 gains about 10lb which is - compared to other fighters at 160 - relatively low. GGG said he could still make 154, he possibly wouldnt be at his best and it makes no sense since he is the unified MW champ and 160 is his best weight, but he is by no means a big MW or struggles at all.

He'll be doing fine at 168 but he will look tiny vs the bigger guys at 168. Did you see how Murray looked tiny vs Groves? While Murray was bigger than GGG.
        Last edited by Jubei; 09-10-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

p
          He was 67 thirty days out. 62 seven days out.

GGG is not struggling to make MW. You bringing that up is likely just wishful thinking.

GGG was fine yesterday, he was fine last night, and he'll be his normal 171 in the ring tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            9lb (4kg) overnight?... Quite a lot...
            Nothing compared to what Canelo, Ward, and guys like Quillin and Brook put on overnight. Each in the 20's.

Brook had come in at 165 at 147.

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Hmmm. that is quite a bit
            I don't believe it is.

Comment

How can you say that this is his lowest rehydration weight in years?When all they have available is an early morning check in. I would be shocked if he isn't around the 177-180 range come fight time.
              This is why nobody takes you idiots seriously. You don't know what the fuk you're talking about.

He's never weighed close to 177 let alone 180.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                I totally forgot about IBF Re-Hydration Rules I think it is great by the IBF to assure that guys don't re-hydrate more that 10 pounds I think it is
                Its at 9am day of the fight i think, they still have like 14 hours to rehydrate. So its kind of useless

Comment

How can you say that this is his lowest rehydration weight in years?When all they have available is an early morning check in. I would be shocked if he isn't around the 177-180 range come fight time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    ya i know i just think ggg making weight for 160 is a lot harder then whats believed. on the behind the ropes it looks like he did his pre fight weigh ins after long draining workouts so its not like he was weighing in at those weights fresh
                    omg, all fighters take weight off to make these weigh ins. GGG has never been known to have struggle to make weight. He came in lighter than Brook.

Comment

So,you expect him only to gain two more pounds throughout the day. I have some prime land in Idaho I'd like to sell you...😏
                      Seriously, Canelo puts on 20 in 24 hours, but you think GGG won't put on 3 by this afternoon. Do you train? Have you ever had to cut weight? I question it if you say yes.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      When Golovkin starts rehydrating into the 180's like Peter Quillin did vs Zerafa or Geale did vs Cotto, then you can say he's too big for MW.
                      Exactly. These guys are grasping at straws.

Comment

Working...
                      X