Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin 167.8, Kell Brook 168 - IBF's Fight Day Weighin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    ya i know i just think ggg making weight for 160 is a lot harder then whats believed. on the behind the ropes it looks like he did his pre fight weigh ins after long draining workouts so its not like he was weighing in at those weights fresh
    Golovkin was 167 one month ago, remember? I don't think it's the weight, rather it's about the age -- those Russians have the bad habit to age overnight (it's something in their genes).

Comment

damn, brook is too heavy, i don't think that's a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
        GGG looked ill before hand, maybe hes struggling to make the 160mark. And as for Kell hes put a ton of muscle on for this fight, my guess is he got to beefy and had to cut water weight massively similar to his ww fights.

It would explain why they have both put on so much.
        If he is struggling to make weight, why was he below 159? Why not make 159.9. He had flu in Rosado fight, but he didnt look pissed and lethargic like yesterday. I started to think that he has some personal problems.

Comment

Apparently GGG was stuck in an hours worth of traffic on their way to yesterday's weigh in. He's probably one of those people who get angry when they're hungry. In his photo with BHop from yesterday after the weigh in, he looked totally normal and was smiling again.

Comment

First off this is normal for Golovkin. His IBF morning weigh-in vs Lemieux was 168.6lbs.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/ibf-same-...ux-1692--97067

Second off, there's zero sign he's struggling with his weight b/c everything's the same as it's always been. The majority of his fights he weighs in at 159.0lbs. Vs Murray in Monaco he was 158.9lbs, that's 0.1lbs heavier than he was for Brook.

As far as how he looks flat - biorhythm/time change. The weigh-in was 1pm UK time which is 5am Los Angeles time. His body is normally asleep then.

Comment

They'll both probably be over 170 in the ring then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                They'll both probably be over 170 in the ring then.
                I predict Golovkin 171 as usual and Brook 173/174.

Comment

So i guess Brook is not SMALL after all. WAR GGG

Comment

Wouldn't it be harder to make the weight of you are sick? No excuse just saying and 9 pounds isn't anything. What about Canelo gaining 20 pounds or Jr. gaining 60?

Comment

brook is trying his hardest to tell golovkin i am bigger then u which is a joke. no speed or gameplan whats so ever. only being more "beefy" wait for the brutal beat down tonight......

Comment

Working...
                      X