Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Easter Wins IBF Gold, Edges Very Tough Richard Commey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight should not Have been a draw. The right man won. IMO. Easter wins a rematch by a wider margin. Comey can't fight going backwards and can't learn how to in a few months. There is nothing he can do different. Easter can correct his issues with keeping his distance when he has a fighter hurt and he can make the adjustment to avoid Comey's right/ counter right over the left jab.

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
      You have to be blind or stupid to think this was anything but a close fight between two fairly equally matched fighters who were no more than a few points apart. To call it a robbery shows a lack of understanding of the sport or a blind bias
      It was a close fight but you can't justify bad scoring that way. A robbery is a robbery, $ 1 or 1,000,000.

Easter Jr couldn't land jabs and the jab was his best punch. How can you gift him the fight? His background playing a role here I guess, USA, USA, USA!

Comment

Broner-Easter doubleheaders in Ohio will do a good crowd

Broner vs Ricky Burns
        Easter vs Mason Menard

Hell make Commey vs Shafikov and make its a tripleheader

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
          It was a close fight but you can't justify bad scoring that way. A robbery is a robbery, $ 1 or 1,000,000.

Easter Jr couldn't land jabs and the jab was his best punch. How can you gift him the fight? His background playing a role here I guess, USA, USA, USA!
          Wrong target for that ****e. Wouldn't name a USA fighter among my favorite 10, maybe 20. Could care less about Easter. He landed far more punches than you give him credit for.

Comment

Excellent fight. PBC delivers again. It could have gone either way on my scorecard or maybe a draw. A draw seems fair in my book. But excellent fight.

Comment

Hell of a fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                The champion has shown everybody that he's not a joke, he's a champ for a reason, Robert can't compete at that level with all these flaws man, power alone won't cut it for the young man, I didn't score the fight but it's razor close. Congrats to Easter nonetheless.

Very entertaining fight though, 2 young undefeated guys leaving it all on the line, that's what boxing needs, thanks PBC and thanks AL Haymon. Hopefully there will be a rematch

I agree it was an excellent fight. It could have gone either way. Glad I caught this one, great for the sport.

Comment

Wow, I thought Haymon's days of embarrassing himself having his fighters get their pants pulled down by other promoters opponents were over, now that he seems to have focused on in-house fights heavily favoring his pets or vacant title fights.

It seems even that may have been a step too far.

Comment

Too close, I don't want a rematch, yet. Commey deserves another chance and there are plenty of rivals for Easter. Flanagan wants to fight in Vegas, on the Manny card, Commey fits the bill.

Comment

A very close fight and it could have gone either way... should open doors really 4 both guys...rematch not needed but better opponents for both is in order...

Comment

Working...
                      X