Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev stands no chance against Andre Ward, smh at people thinking he will KO Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love how time goes by kovalev's been reduced to a face first brawler on provo's or rios level

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      the long lay off, the subpar opposition, the move up to 75

this is a nightmare waiting to happen for Ward

and if that physical strength that you're banking on doesnt show up against Kovalev?

what you'll have is a rusty, limited power, natural SMW eating power shots and clinching for dear life

since you LOVE bringing up the last fights, do you REALLY think that punch output by Ward is enough to win? too economical

this wont be an easy fight either way and i scoff and these clowns who think they know the sport that think so

what happens if that chin gets checked early and it doesn't hold up?

i will bump this thread-jinx after the fight
      Ward always punches inside, he is the best inside fighter in the game. Ok so lets say Kove is too strong for him (I doubt it) He may abandon that range, but I doubt he will try to clinch in tight, it would be a first.

Ward gets hit more at the heavier weight imo, but I believe he did this to open up and test his chin... There is always the possability for a big punch, thats why this fight is exciting.

Comment

the long lay off, the subpar opposition, the move up to 75

this is a nightmare waiting to happen for Ward

and if that physical strength that you're banking on doesnt show up against Kovalev?

what you'll have is a rusty, limited power, natural SMW eating power shots and clinching for dear life

since you LOVE bringing up the last fights, do you REALLY think that punch output by Ward is enough to win? too economical

this wont be an easy fight either way and i scoff and these clowns who think they know the sport that think so

what happens if that chin gets checked early and it doesn't hold up?

i will bump this thread-jinx after the fight
        1) Ward doesn't depend on power so power being isn't a major factor in his game plan. He is prepared for all 12 hard rounds.

2) The lay off is old news, he has fought 3 times in the last 14-15 months and looked sharper after each fight

3) Kovalev isn't exactly henry Armstrong, he doesn't fight at a fast pace, nor has he scored any one punch kayos vs his best opposition. He breaks them down and Ward is quicker, has faster reflexes, better control of range, and speed of hand and foot than anyone Kov has faced so "eating power" shots seems really far fetched when on average he lands 40% or more of his punches and his opponents usually land 25% or less...some even in the teens.

4) what happens if Kovalev is mentally frustrated fro missing and getting countered...you know he is getting hit too ya know.....swinging and missing is the most frustrating thing in boxing

fights going to be competitive, I just favor ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe337 View Post
          Ward always punches inside, he is the best inside fighter in the game. Ok so lets say Kove is too strong for him (I doubt it) He may abandon that range, but I doubt he will try to clinch in tight, it would be a first.

Ward gets hit more at the heavier weight imo, but I believe he did this to open up and test his chin... There is always the possability for a big punch, thats why this fight is exciting.

Ward?

dont quote me anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            i love how time goes by kovalev's been reduced to a face first brawler on provo's or rios level

right?

since when did Kovalev regress to a C-level fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              1) Ward doesn't depend on power so power being isn't a major factor in his game plan. He is prepared for all 12 hard rounds.

2) The lay off is old news, he has fought 3 times in the last 14-15 months and looked sharper after each fight

3) Kovalev isn't exactly henry Armstrong, he doesn't fight at a fast pace, nor has he scored any one punch kayos vs his best opposition. He breaks them down and Ward is quicker, has faster reflexes, better control of range, and speed of hand and foot than anyone Kov has faced so "eating power" shots seems really far fetched when on average he lands 40% or more of his punches and his opponents usually land 25% or less...some even in the teens.

4) what happens if Kovalev is mentally frustrated fro missing and getting countered...you know he is getting hit too ya know.....swinging and missing is the most frustrating thing in boxing

fights going to be competitive, I just favor ward.

this is the only point im making

this is what Hectari was trying to imply yet im the one that's quoted and questioned?

pretty funny

Comment

right?

since when did Kovalev regress to a C-level fighter?
                since chilemba doe

Comment

Ward?

dont quote me anymore
                  Yes WARD ya know why?

Because Ward FIGHTS on the INSIDE and therefore does not generally initialize a CLINCH. You might have known that if you read the first part of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe337 View Post
                    Yes WARD ya know why?

Because Ward FIGHTS on the INSIDE and therefore does not generally initialize a CLINCH.

please stop...really

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      since chilemba doe
                      One fight does not make a c level fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X