Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury-Klitschko arena booked. Oct 29th, Manchester Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first fight was really terrible. At this point I just hope Wlad retires after a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by No Tomorrow View Post
      I understand your points, but :

Is it better for the sport if :

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. fights twice a year

or

If Shawn Porter/Jessie Vargas fight four times a year?

What I'm simply trying to demonstrate by using that example is that boxers that people (and by people I mean casual fans) actually care about is what is good for the sport. Yes, competitive match-ups and active divisions are key, but without interest in who is participating than outside of the hardcore fan base it is meaningless.

But traditionally the HW division has carried boxing. There is more talent in the HW division now than it's been in a while. The sport needs the HW champion to be active. Fury has personality and can sell a fight. But if he's not active it's pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I just want it to happen so the HW division can move on from this fight. This fight is holding up progress

If this is any indication of Fury's HW reign, he's not good for the sport. Wlad was always active and didn't pull stunts like this. The HW division is finally picking up steam and Fury is delaying.

I really have no idea what to think. They announced Ruiz vs. Hughie for the undercard. But I've heard nothing from the Klitschko side. What's going on with Loeffler? What is his job at K2?
        I think Loeffler just handles the American side of K2 issues, ie promotions etc. he's very low key on the European continent, Boente deals with all that but don't forget Klitschko pretty much promotes himself Boente just deals with the legal side.

Comment

But traditionally the HW division has carried boxing. There is more talent in the HW division now than it's been in a while. The sport needs the HW champion to be active. Fury has personality and can sell a fight. But if he's not active it's pointless.
          I am with you on that.

Comment

Good! Looking forward to this one!

Comment

This bores me.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                This bores me.
                I'm surprised this thread didn't blow up. I guess nobody is excited anymore. And it's not like this fight is months down the line. It's only 8 weeks away

Comment

I'm surprised this thread didn't blow up. I guess nobody is excited anymore. And it's not like this fight is months down the line. It's only 8 weeks away
                  I never thought the rematch was necessary in the first instance. The way I see it, it's held up the division for nearly a year. I'd rather have seen Fury in with some of the other top heavies.

I will watch it though, don't get me wrong.

Comment

Press conference tomorrow!

Comment

Press conference tomorrow!
                      It's official?
                      Side note Larry got those hands! Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X