Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good calls on the underdogs tonight.

Comment

• next week unofficially is the start of boxing season 2018.

These fights probably will get betting odds next week:

Browne Vs Ntetu
      Kownacki Vs Kiladze
      Easter Jr. Vs Fortuna -400 +275
      Spence Vs Peterson -2000 +900

Havent seen Ntetu fight yet.

Kownacki Vs Kiladze. Kownacki KO
      Kownacki is going to knock out kiladze. Kiladze likes to fight at range with jabs and lateral movement. It works against basic dudes, who cant close the distance, but he wont be able to keep kownacki off him for the whole fight. He can fight off the backfoot, but doesnt have the firepower to keep kownacki honest.

Easter Jr. Vs Fortuna. Easter UD
      Easter didnt have a good outing in his last fight against shafikov. He didnt use his reach to keep shafikov on the outside and was eating short hooks on the inside from shafikov. He was doing better when he was boxing and moving, but somehow gets lured into insidefights. When he keeps it on the outside, he is pretty good.
      Good jab, straight punches, upperbodymovement, can roll with punches and has decent accuracy. His power is ok, but nothing special.
      Fortuna is a rather awkward fighter. Fights in spurts, but explodes with wild combinations when he gets going. By doing that, he gets careless and is open for counters.
      His offense can be predictable after a while and he doesnt fight as intense as shafikov, giving easter more room to figure fortuna out and outbox him.

Spence Vs Peterson. Spence KO
      I cant picture a way for Peterson to win.
      He has shown to be able to fight on the inside and outside.
      His fighting style from longrange was able to make garcia look stupid, but at the same time he didnt do enough in order to win rounds. Doing that against Garcia is much easier than against Spence.
      Spence is an aggressive fighter who presses the action and digs to the body to slow down his opoonents. For an upper level fighter Garcia has very slow feet and does not now how to cut off the ring. Petersons counterpunching skills are also not on the level to catch Spence inbetween his punches and get out safely.

Peterson could have more success if he opts out to fight in close quarters and presses the action, because fighting on the backfoot is not one of spences strenghts. But even then, Spence throws mean bodyhooks and sharp punches upstairs on the inside, if he doesnt allow peterson to put him on the backfoot.

Comment

• None of those fights seem like great value. If there was anything of interest there it might be Fortuna at +275, doubt I'll bet it doe.

That +900 on Peterson is kinda nuts cuz one could argue he shouldn't really be +900 vs anyone (maybe Lucas in a rematch), but yea Spence is gonna chew him up & spit him out & probably KO him in the middle rounds I think so I wouldn't eff with that either.

I think I'm out til Eubank Jr vs Groves although as a guy who loves Eubank Jr to win that fight that line is way wider than I'd like it to be. Hoping those Groveamanics start throwing some dollars on him. That Gassiev vs Doritos fight is interesting, but I think that one could go either way so while the line is sexy whatever way you wanna go its definitely a fight I strongly feel could end up going either way despite me favoring Gassiev (although maybe rooting on him more than favoring him which is why I'm staying away).

Comment

• Errol Spence Jr./Lamont Peterson Under 9½ (-150) $150.00 for $100.00
          Errol Spence Jr. wins in round 4-6 (+329) $30.00 for $98.70

Robert Easter Jr./Javier Fortuna Under 10½ (+170) $100.00 for $170.00
          Robert Easter Jr. wins by KO/TKO/DQ (+165) $50.00 for $82.50

Comment

• just had a quick look at the odds tonight

taking a punt on Scarpa @ 6/5

Never seen his opponent but looks like a 50/50 on paper with scarpa having a better resume and more power.

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
              next week unofficially is the start of boxing season 2018.

These fights probably will get betting odds next week:

Browne Vs Ntetu
              Kownacki Vs Kiladze
              Easter Jr. Vs Fortuna -400 +275
              Spence Vs Peterson -2000 +900

Havent seen Ntetu fight yet.

Kownacki Vs Kiladze. Kownacki KO
              Kownacki is going to knock out kiladze. Kiladze likes to fight at range with jabs and lateral movement. It works against basic dudes, who cant close the distance, but he wont be able to keep kownacki off him for the whole fight. He can fight off the backfoot, but doesnt have the firepower to keep kownacki honest.

Easter Jr. Vs Fortuna. Easter UD
              Easter didnt have a good outing in his last fight against shafikov. He didnt use his reach to keep shafikov on the outside and was eating short hooks on the inside from shafikov. He was doing better when he was boxing and moving, but somehow gets lured into insidefights. When he keeps it on the outside, he is pretty good.
              Good jab, straight punches, upperbodymovement, can roll with punches and has decent accuracy. His power is ok, but nothing special.
              Fortuna is a rather awkward fighter. Fights in spurts, but explodes with wild combinations when he gets going. By doing that, he gets careless and is open for counters.
              His offense can be predictable after a while and he doesnt fight as intense as shafikov, giving easter more room to figure fortuna out and outbox him.

Spence Vs Peterson. Spence KO
              I cant picture a way for Peterson to win.
              He has shown to be able to fight on the inside and outside.
              His fighting style from longrange was able to make garcia look stupid, but at the same time he didnt do enough in order to win rounds. Doing that against Garcia is much easier than against Spence.
              Spence is an aggressive fighter who presses the action and digs to the body to slow down his opoonents. For an upper level fighter Garcia has very slow feet and does not now how to cut off the ring. Petersons counterpunching skills are also not on the level to catch Spence inbetween his punches and get out safely.

Peterson could have more success if he opts out to fight in close quarters and presses the action, because fighting on the backfoot is not one of spences strenghts. But even then, Spence throws mean bodyhooks and sharp punches upstairs on the inside, if he doesnt allow peterson to put him on the backfoot.

Those were the most likely outcomes, but had a decent accumulator riding on it

Comment

• Murat Gassiev (-180) vs Yunier Dorticos $180.00 for $100.00

Jerwin Ancajas/Israel Gonzalez Under 9½ (-190) $190.00 for $100.00

Comment

• gassiev to win 4/6

gassiev by ko 10/11

Okolie / Chamberlain to end inside the distance 4/5

UFC

Tim Means 1/2

Golm 4/7

Prazeres 4/5

got these in singles/trebles and an acca

Comment

• I better see some urgency from Mr. I Want To Get My Green Card and Stay in America this time:

Raymundo Beltran wins by KO/TKO/DQ (-133) vs Paulus Moses ~$133.00 for ~$100.00

Comment

• Beltran punishes dudes very well on the ropes, Moses gets easily moved to the ropes and only knows how to block punches with his double guard.

Beltran KO &
                      Under 8.5

Comment

Working...
                      X