No announcement yet.

Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    Dont be too jealous of options in uk...i jus got restricted on bet365 to bettin max of 325usd after an insanely good past 3 weeks , now been virtually banned from ladbrokes (which theyve lifted and now restricted), banned from paddypower and severely restricted on betfair since starting betting this year
    you can get banned if you are winning too much?

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      you can get banned if you are winning too much?
      Basically. I can only bet 1 quid on paddypower and was about 2 quid on ladbrokes

Comment

• Is there a thread like this for other sports? I'm putting some money on Groves to win. Want to put some money on Lubin to win but not much.

Put money on some college football. TCU @ Kansas State moneyline.

Comment

The odds are out...

[/IMG]

Originally posted by jas View Post

Without having looked into it much, they will have charlo as favourite, around 4/6. Lubin around 6/5. I wouldnt be surprised if they have charlo as bigger fav

Lara big fav vs gausha, probably 1/6 . Gausha probably 4/1

Hurd trout probably 50-50
          Spot on for the Charlo-Lubin odds!

We got great odds for Trout and Guasha, but probably will stay away from latter.

Comment

• I missed the opener with Trout at +200, but despite his power, I don't know how anyone can be confident in Hurd after seeing him drop eight rounds in a row or so to Harrision last time before Harrison tired and got caught. I was on Hurd and Hurd KO last time and it worked out, but those rounds were all one way until it suddenly turned around. I don't think it's wise at this level for Hurd to count on coming from way behind and his power to win fights. Geez, one hundred dollar limit right now, thanks 5Dimes. $100.00 on Trout at +170.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimGunn View Post
              I missed the opener with Trout at +200, but despite his power, I don't know how anyone can be confident in Hurd after seeing him drop eight rounds in a row or so to Harrision last time before Harrison tired and got caught. I was on Hurd and Hurd KO last time and it worked out, but those rounds were all one way until it suddenly turned around. I don't think it's wise at this level for Hurd to count on coming from way behind and his power to win fights. Geez, one hundred dollar limit right now, thanks 5Dimes. $100.00 on Trout at +170.
              I don't even think any US books opened it at +200. I know a few UK ones did.. smh

Just a small play on Trout at +165, but will put some more if line moves.

I think Lubin's too green to handle Charlo. It's dropped since the lines opened and IMO -140 is great value for Charlo. Thoughts before I hammer this?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrHouse579 View Post
                I don't even think any US books opened it at +200. I know a few UK ones did.. smh

Just a small play on Trout at +165, but will put some more if line moves.

I think Lubin's too green to handle Charlo. It's dropped since the lines opened and IMO -140 is great value for Charlo. Thoughts before I hammer this?
                I don't like the charlo bet.

regards to trout, he was battling depression and has been inactive and this fight has been pushed back a lot so hes had a long camp . lot of factors working against him but ill look at his fight vs jermall and hurd vs Harrison to see if the styles and skills gap is great enough to warrant bettin on him

Comment

I don't like the charlo bet.

regards to trout, he was battling depression and has been inactive and this fight has been pushed back a lot so hes had a long camp . lot of factors working against him but ill look at his fight vs jermall and hurd vs Harrison to see if the styles and skills gap is great enough to warrant bettin on him
                  Lubin has a questionable chin. Got dropped hard a few years ago against feather-fisted nobody. Skills-wise it's close, but I'm thinking we could see another Jrock-Jermall outcome. Also, Jermell's been getting good work in with Spence, probably the best sparring you can get to prepare for a southpaw with amateur pedigree.

Didn't know that about Trout, actually, and it does concern me a bit. Trout did have a good fight against Charlo, but Jermall boxes way more than Hurd does, so maybe that gave the old veteran spots to shine. Hurd is pretty flat-footed, can't box very well, but he knows it. Kind of reminds me of a young Margarito. So maybe the constant pressure of Hurd will eventually break Trout, even if Hurd loses every round until he gets the stoppage. Anyway, odds shot up to +215 for Trout, so massive value IMO. Probably will hedge with late KO by Hurd.
                  Last edited by DrHouse579; 10-12-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Ismael Barroso (+150) vs Fidel Maldonado Jr. $100.00 for $150.00

Comment

• def taking lubin +135

Comment

Working...
                      X