Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burns has been shot for a few years now, but hes always had a great chin, crolla might stop him with body shots though, i still like it to go the distance with crolla likely winning on activity alone.

Staying well away from Eubank V Yildrim. Originally like Jnr on points but its in germany so....

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
      Burns has been shot for a few years now, but hes always had a great chin, crolla might stop him with body shots though, i still like it to go the distance with crolla likely winning on activity alone.

Staying well away from Eubank V Yildrim. Originally like Jnr on points but its in germany so....
      Yildrim gets hit clean too much. He might not be soft enough or Eubank Jr punch hard enough to stop him, but it'll be extremely hard to steal this fight with how many rounds I expect Eubank Jr to win clear as day. That said I don't see much value in betting Eubank Jr at -700 or whatever that line is at now nor am I all that confident in Eubank Jr winning by a KO or decision. Maybe a last 3 or 4 round KO prop plus a unanimous decision prop to hedge outcomes might make sense if the odds are right.

Definitely with you on Crolla winning and most likely by decision and already got some parlay pending on that outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Yildrim gets hit clean too much. He might not be soft enough or Eubank Jr punch hard enough to stop him, but it'll be extremely hard to steal this fight with how many rounds I expect Eubank Jr to win clear as day. That said I don't see much value in betting Eubank Jr at -700 or whatever that line is at now nor am I all that confident in Eubank Jr winning by a KO or decision. Maybe a last 3 or 4 round KO prop plus a unanimous decision prop to hedge outcomes might make sense if the odds are right.

Definitely with you on Crolla winning and most likely by decision and already got some parlay pending on that outcome.
        Stuttgart has a huge Turkish community, the arena will be full of turks, the undercard has a load of turks on it, i doubt the entire arena will have more than a couple hundred eubank fans. So essentially Yildrim is the 'home' fighter, while its unlikely he wins a robbery imo we can never count it out...ive seen far more insane things happen in Germany.

Ill probably be betting on the UFC this week, havent looked at the card properly yet but prolly double up Ferguson with something...

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
          Stuttgart has a huge Turkish community, the arena will be full of turks, the undercard has a load of turks on it, i doubt the entire arena will have more than a couple hundred eubank fans. So essentially Yildrim is the 'home' fighter, while its unlikely he wins a robbery imo we can never count it out...ive seen far more insane things happen in Germany.
          You are more impressed with Avni than I. I like him as he's got that come forward all night "old skool Mexican style" (since Canelo is the new Mexican style according to JCC Sr lol), but I don't see him anywhere near on Eubank Jr's level. I'm big on Eubank Jr doe and I think I'm in the minority with that opinion doe.

Ill probably be betting on the UFC this week, havent looked at the card properly yet but prolly double up Ferguson with something...
          Yea I need to check out some fights on this card too still. I like Lee better just cuz I see this as a 50/50 fight and the are giving me nice value on Lee. It should be a good fight whatever happens. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• im with pandas and not with dwyer who thinks yildrim will win

yildrim has very very little chance to beat eubank. i think eubank will beat him up pretty bad

Comment

You are more impressed with Avni than I. I like him as he's got that come forward all night "old skool Mexican style" (since Canelo is the new Mexican style according to JCC Sr lol), but I don't see him anywhere near on Eubank Jr's level. I'm big on Eubank Jr doe and I think I'm in the minority with that opinion doe.

Yea I need to check out some fights on this card too still. I like Lee better just cuz I see this as a 50/50 fight and the are giving me nice value on Lee. It should be a good fight whatever happens. Looking forward to it.
              huh? i wasnt saying yildrim will win or even has a chance, just pointing out hes the home fighter and the long long history of germany and corrupt scorecards.

I havent seen much of the 'mr robot' apart from some of his last fight V periban and he looked pretty bad tbh.
              btw im a eubank fan too...we are a rare kind, i used to think he was just a poser living off his dad, and was only a fan because he was in fun fights, but he has improved alot since ******* saunders, yes hes pretty feather fisted but his insane engine/output will get him to the top alone (just look at leo santa cruz) thow 1000 punches = you will become world champ

Comment

• Locked in for:

Barrett to beat ritson at 8/13 - i bet this ages ago but im not sure now but dont wanna cash out for a loss. Cardle jus fought barrett and has sparred ritson and predicts ritson to win. And all the bookies have shortened the odds for ritson. But ritson did look really dehydrated at the presser today.

Eggington vs mimoune a draw at 33/1

Mimoune decision vs eggington at 12/1 - potentially a cashout play

Eggington vs mimoune to go distance at 10/11 to cover- jus in case theres a robbery and also potentially a cash out play if mimoune is getting caught in between wide shots and it looks like he might get knocked out

Crolla to win vs burns at 4/9

Watched some of eubank vs o sullivan and while i appreciate it was while ago and eubank was showboating , eubank was gettin tagged. Difficult to predict method of victory and will be watching crolla burns instead which is on at same time so wont be able to hedge any bets made with in-play

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                  Locked in for:

Barrett to beat ritson at 8/13 - i bet this ages ago but im not aure now but dont wanna cash out for a loss

Eggington vs mimoune a draw at 33/1

Mimoune decision vs eggington at 12/1 - potentially a cashout play

Eggington vs mimoune to go distance at 10/11 to cover- jus in case theres a robbery and also potentially a cash out play if mimoune is getting caught in between wide shots and it looks like he might get knocked out

Crolla to win vs burns at 4/9

Watched some of eubank vs o sullivan and while i appreciate it was while ago and eubank was showboating , eubank was gettin tagged. Difficult to predict method of victory and will be watching crolla burns instead which is on at same time so wont be able to hedge any bets made with in-play
                  Haven't seen enough of Mimoune. Need to watch some videos. Is he any good?.

I'm locked in on Barrett and Lewis Hamilton podium finish atm, England left it late. Confident in Barrett.

Comment

Eubank might not have the best power at 168, but he's accurate AF with those uppercuts on the inside. I could see them stopping the fight on accumulative damage in later rounds. I'll probably put a few units on 7-12 KO if the odds are right.

Both Crolla and Burns are past their primes, but Burns is SHOT. He hung in there with Indongo, but who was Indongo really? Watch Burns fight against Kiryl Relikh (who gave Barthelemy a helluva fight and nearly got him out of there in the 5th). Burns looked bad early and late in that fight, but he's a crafty dude and did enough in the middle rounds to edge it. I think Crolla stops him or makes him look REALLY bad and retires him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrHouse579 View Post
                      Eubank might not have the best power at 168, but he's accurate AF with those uppercuts on the inside. I could see them stopping the fight on accumulative damage in later rounds. I'll probably put a few units on 7-12 KO if the odds are right.

Both Crolla and Burns are past their primes, but Burns is SHOT. He hung in there with Indongo, but who was Indongo really? Watch Burns fight against Kiryl Relikh (who gave Barthelemy a helluva fight and nearly got him out of there in the 5th). Burns looked bad early and late in that fight, but he's a crafty dude and did enough in the middle rounds to edge it. I think Crolla stops him or makes him look REALLY bad and retires him.
                      I watched all his latest fights and he always gets through with his uppercut and often with consecutive ones lol.

I was surprised that he even landed the uppercuts on Abraham who usually has a very tight guard.

Comment

Working...
                      X