No announcement yet.

Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
    Nothing yet mate, just had a quick look and was surprised to see Dodd as a heavy favorite. Stalker should beat him imo, Dodd was beaten by some belgium bum last year and got a gift decision.

Also Butler on points seems like a banker? Yourself?
    im only locked in for barrett to beat ritson next week, and butler vs hall to be a Draw

might just bet in-play if im watching the fights. although butler vs hall to go distance at 4/9 seems like a good bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
      im only locked in for barrett to beat ritson next week, and butler vs hall to be a Draw as a small bet.

might just bet in-play if im watching the fights. although butler vs hall to go distance at 4/9 seems like a good bet.
      Not seen the line but also like Sulecki big agaisnt culcay. maybe on points as culcay is tough

edit: my bad i thought this was on the perez undercard, buts its next month lol.

Perez Bredis is too dangerous as any outcome wouldnt surprise me, but im starting to like Perez for the value, & then maybe cashing out half way through as he starts strong but then always gasses...
      Last edited by mlac; 09-28-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• So far for this weekend I'm on Thomas Stalker at +140 over Sean Dodd and a small play on Stalker by decision. Also put a unit on a wild card in Mike Perez over Mairis Briedis at +450 plus some long shot stabs on Perez in the late rounds and fight ending in round 10-12.

Comment

• Thomas Stalker (+140) vs Sean Dodd $100.00 for $140.00
          Thomas Stalker (+140) vs Sean Dodd $100.00 for $140.00
          Thomas Stalker Points Victory or Technical Decision (+224) ~$40.00 for ~$89.60

Ohara Davies/Tom Farrell Under 7½ (+110) $40.00 for $44.00
          Ohara Davies wins by KO/TKO/DQ (-127) ~$80.00 for ~$62.99

Mike Perez (+450) vs Mairis Briedis $100.00 for $450.00
          Mike Perez wins in round 10-12 (+4000) ~$28.00 for ~$1120.00

Comment

• locked in at 4/9 for dodd to win, cash out available for 50% of profits. I don't think its profitable

Comment

• mlac are you on the in-play for this?

Comment

• This weekend I will back:

Eubank (+100) points victory over yildrim
                Eubank (+550) KO Round 7-9
                Eubank (+900) KO Round 10-12

Burns (+300) points victory over crolla

And i have to analyse connor benn and his opponent. Betting on method of victory/KO/Points/which round,
                is from my experience relatively easy in the early prospect stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  This weekend I will back:

Eubank (+100) points victory over yildrim
                  Eubank (+550) KO Round 7-9
                  Eubank (+900) KO Round 10-12

Burns (+300) points victory over crolla

And i have to analyse connor benn and his opponent. Betting on method of victory/KO/Points/which round,
                  is from my experience relatively easy in the early prospect stage.
                  i like the eubank bets, not the burns bet. its in front of crollas crowd and burns will be on backfoot and his output was very low vs idongo, and burns is coming down in weight at a late stage in his career. all the intangibles are not in your favour

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                    i like the eubank bets, not the burns bet. its in front of crollas crowd and burns will be on backfoot and his output was very low vs idongo, and burns is coming down in weight at a late stage in his career. all the intangibles are not in your favour
                    wasnt aware that burns has to move down, thought crolla was moving up in weight.

Stylistically Burns does well against basic come forward fighters. And I dont think Crolla is the intense high pressure fighter to bully Burns around. He walks forward with his double guard up, but doesnt throw constantly from what Ive seen in his last 4 fights.

The indongo fight had more to do with indongos height and reach advantage in my opinion and not because he wasnt able to pull the trigger anymore.

I can see crolla walking burns down, but not landing clear shots and burns coming back with decent shots to steal the round.

But I agree with the crowd. The rounds will probably look close and the crowd being on crollas side will influence the judges to a certain extent.

Maybe a shot at a draw? I dont think there will be a knockdown, which makes a draw less likely.

Comment

• asgarth ignore my last post. I jus watched snippets of burns idongo and burns dont look too bad. Idongo jus too athletic for him. If burns wins itll only be by decision so at 3/1 it may be profitable bro. Will look a little closer tonight. But i dont think its gonna be massively profitable like some bets are. If you are betting to make money and less for fun I think betting every week is a mistake. Best way is to find one where bookies get it considerably wrong then bet more. I do think leaving the option open for in-play every week is profitable. In-play is ridiculously profitable. Sometimes they even have an inexperienced trader setting the odds. Punter has massive edge ...ive heard this from someone who works in the industry

Comment

Working...
                      X