No announcement yet.

WBA mandates Golovkin vs Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    Bumlovkin doesn't have Russian millionaires backing him like PEDvetkin did. If it comes down to HBO's empty coffers vs Uncle Al's deep pockets - which it will - then look for Team Triple Duck to vacate and make all kinds of useless excuses in the process...
    hey gay sayer hbo is backing ggg he is their star and they will put the money up for this fight they are heavily invested in ggg.

Comment

Still a scenario that could buy Jacobs a little more time - if BJS reaches agreement with K2. A unification fight would pause the mandatory. BJS announces his next fight on Monday, that could give a clue to who he's fighting in December.

Comment

All you people hoping it goes to purse are morons. Jacobs main goal is money he's not taking a 25% split.

Comment

Don't worry, Jacobs will bust that ass

Can't wait

Comment

Id love to see this fight, Jacobs and Golovkin have about equal power and Jacobs is more technically skilled then he gets credit for, but Jacobs definetly have the curse of Julian Jackson - Big puncher weak chin, you dont even have to punch him to know he got a weak chin, hes got a one of those faces with incredibly visible jawlines, skinny cheeks, the bones almost pushing out of the skin of his face, just like Amir Khan

Comment

Finally a decent fight for Golovkin. I won't be upset if Jacobs dodges it though if we at least get GGG against another reasonable opponent. Maybe someone like Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I think this means Jacobs can't price himself out because they will go to the purse bids and Jacobs must fight or lose his belt.
                fake cowards like Jacobs and eubank try to get so much money knowing their top fighting days will be over from the beating they get

Comment

I don't see the fight happening. Jacobs is not a bum on house arrest like Wade so I doubt Haymon just lets Jacobs go fight on HBO. And HBO will never let GGG fight on Showtime and PBC can't afford to pay for GGG. Jacobs will ask for a number that GGG says he doesn't deserve Jacobs will say he does deserve it (fans on both sides will defend their point of view). It will go to purse bid and all hell will break loose. Either Haymon bids high to blow HBO out the water and GGG vacates his belt because he can't fight outside HBO. Or HBO wins the bid and Haymon pulls a Quillin and makes Jacobs vacate his mandatory spot claiming he has bigger money fights else where on other networks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    I don't see the fight happening. Jacobs is not a bum on house arrest like Wade so I doubt Haymon just lets Jacobs go fight on HBO. And HBO will never let GGG fight on Showtime and PBC can't afford to pay for GGG. Jacobs will ask for a number that GGG says he doesn't deserve Jacobs will say he does deserve it (fans on both sides will defend their point of view). It will go to purse bid and all hell will break loose. Either Haymon bids high to blow HBO out the water and GGG vacates his belt because he can't fight outside HBO. Or HBO wins the bid and Haymon pulls a Quillin and makes Jacobs vacate his mandatory spot claiming he has bigger money fights else where on other networks.
                    I think ggg's hbo contract is almost up so maybe he can fight on showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      GGG haters IN SHOCK

I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo now says he's ready for december LMAO. Even BJS might say the same.

Oh and how did I forget Lara? LOL
                      Who ever denied Jacobs was ducking ? I fully expect him to do everything in his power to get Saunders to agree to a fight so he can justify dropping his WBA strap.

Comment

Working...
                      X