• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
    Good! Dem whiteys just tryin to keep uz down
    You forgot the comma between the "...money, doe."

Comment

• Arum is a Semetic slave driver who is a racist himself. I hope the UFC stomps out boxing for good, too many evil men in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Arum is an absolute fool as always. Literally the opposite of what he said is true. Here are the facts.

"Whites" are abandoning boxing for UFC because "whites" just want to see the best fight the best, irrespective of race, and that doesn't happen anymore in boxing.

But then why are more "whites" abandoning boxing for UFC than blacks, if not because of the lack of white American boxers? For the exact opposite reason as Arum said.

There are so many good black American boxers, and many black Americans live in a much more race-obsessed culture (see BLM), that many black Americans can overlook the lack of best-vs-best fights in boxing and entertaining matches because at least black boxers are winning, and that alone is enough to create a rooting interest for many black American boxing fans who see things in a very race-focused, "black pride/tribe pride" way.

Most white Americans aren't taught to have "white pride," so even when white fighters like a Klitschko or Tyson Fury are ruling the highest division in boxing, it's still not enough to hold their interest because they don't care about what race the boxer is, they just care if the fights are entertaining, and many of Klitschko's fights weren't.

But, with many black American boxing fans, they are taught to have "black pride," so they do have a big rooting interest in the race of the fighters that carries their interest even when the fights themselves are boring stylistically. This explains why Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather were able to have a lot of support among black boxing fans even though their fights were boring, but fighters like the Klitschkos were not able to have a lot of support among white boxing fans despite their styles.

The "black pride" belief of many black boxing fans allows them to have a rooting interest, and thus be entertained, with any successful black boxer, no matter how boring or how subpar the level of competition he faces, or the top opponents he avoids. Most white boxing fans do not have a corresponding "white pride" belief, so they do not have a rooting interest in successful white fighters who are boring, or successful black fighters who are boring. This is why they only root for entertaining fighters and don't care what race they are. They rooted for Mike Tyson, Manny Pacquiao, GGG, Sergey Kovalev. I'm sure they will embrace Chocolatito and Naoya Inoue. There is zero pattern in the race of the fighters white boxing fans support because they absolutely do not care about that. The only pattern you will find is that they support see the best, most entertaining fighters fight the best competition in entertaining fights.

That happens way more in UFC now, so they pay more attention to UFC than they used it. It's very simple to understand. Unfortunately, competitive top-level fights rarely happen in boxing anymore.

Whites" gravitating towards UFC has nothing to do with race. It's actually the few big fan bases boxing can still lay claim to despite a subpar product most of the time, such as Hispanics and Blacks, that have a lot to do with race or "tribe pride." Race or "tribe pride" is the reason many members of these groups stay boxing fans despite a subpar product. But white fans paying more attention to UFC? That has to do with a more competitive product, not race.

Judging from your post it seems that you are a fan of the UFC because you "want to see the best fight the best irrespective of race" and are despondent with the current state of boxing. I agree completely with the best fighting the best and the present state of boxing. However, are you able to say that most whites are leaving for the exact same reason?

You make many interesting points but much of your "facts" are generalizations. For example:

Blacks, Hispanics, Asians are tribal and/or race-focused and whites are not?

You used Klitschoko and Tyson Fury as examples not idolized by whites because they were boring because most white people don't take race into consideration. They aren't popular stateside because they are based in other countries and are not American.[B/]

What does Chris Eubanks, Brook, Paul Daley, Miko Musoke, and a myriad of others have in common with the two mentioned? They're black and also are not popular with Americans (white, black, or otherwise) but I offer its because none are American, don't fight in the U.S., and are not cross-over stars like Manny and many Hispanics. If we're being honest, GGG and Kovalev are still struggling to get a toe-hold in the states.

You said "There is zero pattern in the race of the fighter white boxing fans support because they absolutely do not care about that."

I don't argue that some (or many) Asians, Blacks, Hispanics follow fighters based on outward appearances or race...but are you saying whites don't make decisions about who to hire, where to sit, or which sports figure to follow based on race?

People are more complex than that. It is simplistic (and a generalization) to say that Hispanic Americans, for example, follow a fighter based solely on race (there are numerous factors). Speaking to your point about White America's ability to be unbiased:

Google 'The Great White Hope.' It was the white dominated media who unabashedly used the phrase for Tommy Morrison, Duane Bobick, Jerry Quarry and Gerry Cooney, et al in their bids for greatness in boxing.

History in the U.S. is ripe with examples of "tribe pride" exhibited by White America in business, politics, and yes, boxing. Or is it just in combat sports that you propose whites are pure and "irrespective of race"? This isn't meant to be a jab(!) at white society but at the premise.

There are a number of fans (period) today who appreciate "entertaining" boxers as you do; and that fan base seems to grow more vocal judging by many of the post I read in this and other forums. However, I argue that there are also fans who still subscribe to the pure boxer.

There has always been appreciation for a boxer who is accomplished, skilled, and athletic enough to hit and not be hit; who used angles, small movements, and reflexes to win over a stronger more powerful foe.

A phrase coined long ago: Styles make fights. To argue over which is best is an exercise in Rock, Paper, Scissor. There are fans of all stripes and ages for each style (or combinations of styles). But other factors inform decisions as well (e.g. style, national pride, the athletes story, etc).

While I believe you are correct and about "tribes" or fans who look for color or race there are other factors which inform decisions. Is it also not possible that subcultures you mention like Mexican Americans who grew up with Mexican Warriors (Julio Cesar Chavez, Marco Antonio Barrera, Salvador Sanchez) or Black Americans (who grew up with slick fighters), or Easter Europeans have something of a heritage? In boxing, it is a style they grew up with and are more fond? Like food, music, or clothing?

Depending on where a person is raised in the U.S. (or the world), a fan may prefer one style over another as many cultures influence the way we play sport. The same is true for any fan. I struggle to see how anyone could question choice based on culture...even if the person wielding the style looks like you. Is it wrong to be a fan of someone of like race?

By your reasoning Blacks, Hispanics, Asians will be fans of boxing because the athletes look like them. While White Americans will follow UFC a sport with mostly White Athletes for a more nobler purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          It's not best vs best,, it's more like the best matchup possible, barring injuries

Guys in ufc move up and down the rankings ladder with wins and losses, usually always fighting someone on the same rung of the ladder.
          If a guy has a style in UFC equvalent to Rigo's where he does a lot of negation, maybe through the jujitsu, will he get the shots that a less talented but more exciting style fighter will? The best isn't always the most entertaining.

That was a seperate rant, but I do get what you mean by best possible vs best possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
            This is one of the biggest reasons.

To be fair, White people loved Manny because he was the "anti-Floyd" and therefore became a "Great White Hype" by proxy. He was the one who was supposed to "shut Floyd up", and Arum knew that and used that. Much of Manny's success here in America was about resentment for Floyd and the perception that he was "ducking" Manny.

This is big reason too.

Did this dude just say that White people aren't taught to have "White pride"?

This seems to be wishful thinking more than anything else.

Floyd's ranked near the top of damn near every P4P list on Earth. Just because you guys hate the guy doesn't change the fact that he beat 25 world champions and the first decade of his career, fought (and beat) everybody.

And also, Floyd's OLDER than Manny by 2 years, the whole "he ducked him till he got too old" excuse only works when the person is YOUNGER, like Canelo, who's ducking GGG until he gets old because Canelo's almost a decade younger.

The NFL still has many White stars. Arguably the most famous guys in the NFL are Tom Brady, JJ Watt, and Aaron Rodgers. Only Cam Newton is really in that same range of fame.

The NBA has been hemorrhaging older White fans since the Jordan era. Young people are the ones making up the NBA's audience now.

MLB is the sport that has a predominantly older White audience.

I'm pretty sure that White people are the ones who invented gangs in America or have you never heard of Al Capone, John Gotti, and Mayer Lanksy?
            see how stupid that fool sounds...irish, euro jewish, german and Italian immigrants created gangs in America.

The term ghetto was also in reference to the communities they lived in, they just flipped the term and threw it on another group of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Please may a lightning bolt jolt out of no where and make a surge directly to this jerk off if he is on a computer..lol :wank:
              never saw someone so upset over nothing.

racist coward....you see me as a threat.

just admit it and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                If a guy has a style in UFC equvalent to Rigo's where he does a lot of negation, maybe through the jujitsu, will he get the shots that a less talented but more exciting style fighter will? The best isn't always the most entertaining.

That was a seperate rant, but I do get what you mean by best possible vs best possible.
                'Boring' fighters do get their chances and arent blackballed.. 2 most boring guys off the top of my head are jon Fitch and Jake shields and both got title shots in ufc.. Now they won't get as many chances as a chael sonnen or diaz brothers, but they do get their shots

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  He was referring to American whites. Boxing has been big in the past because fights were getting made, race didn't matter because the action was good.

Right now, in the US, the whole show fucking sucks.
                  Yes, I know. I was agreeing with Arum's observations. But it's a measure of the man's ignorance when he asks me about white fighters, when he meant white Americans. He'll get swallowed up by his own hatred of white people.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    never saw someone so upset over nothing.

racist coward....you see me as a threat.

just admit it and move on.
                    Don't flatter yourself, you're a 5'5 manlet, ain't nobody threatened by you

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                      Don't flatter yourself, you're a 5'5 manlet, ain't nobody threatened by you
                      you are so

its some really corny MFers on this site.

Gotta love the keyboard warriors...keep fighting the good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X