Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing actual weights, sizes, Golovkin, Brook, Canelo and Ward at Age 18 and now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing actual weights, sizes, Golovkin, Brook, Canelo and Ward at Age 18 and now!

When Gennady Golovkin was 18 years old he fought at Light Welterweight (141lb) in the amateurs.

Andre Ward fought at Middleweight (165lb) and Light Heavyweight (176lb) in the amateurs at the age of 18.
    When Ward turned pro, he had a couple fights at MW (160lb)

When Canelo was 18 years old, Canelo fought at Welterweight in the Pros. (147lb)

When Kell Brook was 18 years old, Brook fought at Welterweight (147lb) in the Pros.

There is that myth that some fighters moved up alot in weight and some others did not.
    Golovkin was in the Kazakh amateur program and didn't turn pro until age 24.
    Ward turned pro at Age 20.
    Brook and Canelo were already in the Professinal Rankings at age 18.

Summary
    Age 18 and now, how much did each fighter move up?

Golovkin 141lb > 160, moved up 19lb
    Ward 165-176lb > 168-175, moved up 0lb
    Brook 147lb > 147-160, moved up 13lb
    Canelo 147lb > 154-155, moved up 8lb

Ward, after turning pro, had a couple fights at MW (160lb), which would put Ward at moving up 15lb from his lowest weight.

Maybe that cleared up some myths up that are out there.
    Last edited by Jubei; 08-30-2016, 08:26 PM.

Ward had 6 fights at middleweight including Darnell Boone at middleweight. So I think it's reasonable to say he campaigned at middleweight. It wasn't a one-off. Not really sure the point of this post tho....
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 08-30-2016, 07:43 PM.

Comment

still chugging away trying to justify the brook fight eh? Keep fighting the good fight i guess

Wards first 10 fights were basically middleweight fights

Comment

lol...sad man..just sad

Comment

GGG should've stayed at light welter and be like Andre Ward

Comment

Damn one of the best posts ever made. People don't realize not everyone turned pro at 17 or 19. GGG clearly has gone up more in weight than a lot of fighters. If ggg was a pro at 18 he would have been a 140 lber.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
              lol...sad man..just sad

What is sad about comparing ACTUAL weights?

Just comparing actual weights when the fighters were 18 year old and how much they moved up since then to clear up some false myths and propaganda.

I prefer facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post

Just comparing actual weights when the fighters were 18 year old and how much they moved up since then to clear up some false myths and propaganda.

I prefer facts.
                Lol at propaganda. Gg hasn't been below 160 in 14 years

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post

I prefer facts.
                  So why do you refuse to give Floyd any credit? at 18 he was at 125..so he moved up 29 pounds
                  Last edited by Larry the boss; 08-30-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Ward had 6 fights at middleweight including Darnell Boone at middleweight. So I think it's reasonable to say he campaigned at middleweight. It wasn't a one-off. Not really sure the point of this post tho....
                    Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    still chugging away trying to justify the brook fight eh? Keep fighting the good fight i guess

Wards first 10 fights were basically middleweight fights
                    Added Wards weight at 160 for his Middleweight bouts, even though i was comparing the fighters at age 18 and now. But i want to be fully transparent.

Comment

Working...
                    X