Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing actual weights, sizes, Golovkin, Brook, Canelo and Ward at Age 18 and now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was 18, I weighed 160. I'm 27 now and 200 lbs. I moved up 40 lbs. I don't feel I've gotten the respect I deserve for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Kovalev, 141 to 175

34lbs

not just moving up to 154 for certain fights before moving down again but actually campaigning at 175.

amazing....wow
      Kovalev is the real MVP

Comment

Damn guys did you know that GGG fought at 141 early in his career?

So he actually moved up more than Ward and many others, he just doesn't brag about it!

Also Kell Brook never fought below 147, he stared his career at 147, while GGG started at 141. Seems to be like one man kept draining himself while the other now fights at his natural weight.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
          Damn one of the best posts ever made. People don't realize not everyone turned pro at 17 or 19. GGG clearly has gone up more in weight than a lot of fighters. If ggg was a pro at 18 he would have been a 140 lber.
          The problem is not so much with the awareness, although I'll admit I didn't know this much about all their weights, the problem is people with an agenda don't care. They'll take up an argument and ride with it until enough people who have a similar agenda or just don't ever care about the facts repeat them and it becomes a "truth".

Hell, even professional fighters are repeating the whole "who has GGG fought though" nonsense even though they're well aware most top fighters didn't want to take the high risk low reward GGG presented early in his career, and now they're just "waiting for the right time" i.e. when GGG slows down to actually make the fight happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post

So he actually moved up more than Ward and many others, he just doesn't brag about it!

Also Kell Brook never fought below 147, he stared his career at 147, while GGG started at 141. Seems to be like one man kept draining himself while the other now fights at his natural weight.
            his first fight he weighed in at 159 3/4...why even try to make a lie up like that?

and Brook has actually fought as low as 137
            Last edited by Larry the boss; 09-05-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I was a fair & firm (respect Joe Cortez) 168lbs at 18 & now am now about 220lbs of ***y well endowed Adonis-like perfection thanks to PX90, chicken breasts, peer pressure & hard work & dedication in all avenues of life. Thats 52lbs. F#ck all these weak ass mfers & their light weight gains.

Comment

I don't mind if someone says, "I want gennady to move up because I think he's just that good" or something to that regard, but I don't think it's fair to expect a mid-30s athlete to pack on effective muscle now when he couldn't do it between 24 and 31 years of age. Golovkin's natural weight has clearly peaked, if he moves up it won't be a naturally progressive move. When haters come to that realization, maybe they could start rationalizing their arguments for why they want him to move up.

Most surprising thing here is Brook still being at 147 after passing his late teens and 20s, that guy has some serious dedication to making weight. A brook-golovkin fight would have been far more appealing had Brook campaigned at 154, which I think he could have, the size similarity would have been there and he's a talented fighter himself, but he's kept himself at welter for so long that this jump is amplified by that, and even more so against the best at 160.

Comment

Still need to spread some knowledge to the uneducated, also the ignorants want to be reminded.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post

why even try to tell this lie?? he is a career middleweight and never fought under it and Brook fought as low as 137

Comment

When Roman Gonzales was 18, he only weighed 99 pounds

Comment

Working...
                      X