Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GBP/Team Canela in panic mode/damage control mode?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
    I don't know if what they're doing now will work. I think Canela was losing more fans day by day than gaining new ones.

Fans were even attacking Canela's and Oscar's social media accounts with chicken emojis.
    The point is not to gain fans

how many fans do you think Floyd "gained" or "lost" with his out of rig antics...?

A huge portion of people bought his fights cause they wanted to see him lose. Canelo's angling for that too now. He wants people to buy the fight in wish to see him lose what they won't see against Smith.
    of course next to that he also has many fans cause he is boxing's #1 name right now, aside of Pacquiao maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post

how many fans do you think Floyd "gained" or "lost" with his out of rig antics...?

A huge portion of people bought his fights cause they wanted to see him lose. Canelo's angling for that too now. He wants people to buy the fight in wish to see him lose what they won't see against Smith.
      of course next to that he also has many fans cause he is boxing's #1 name right now, aside of Pacquiao maybe...
      IDK if Canela can effectively emulate Floyd's antics in boasting sales. Two different characters and background.

See... too many chickens and putos on Canela's Instagram account.

Comment

Yea it is interesting that they both got fights coming up soon & I'm hearing Brook & GGG & their sides talking & I'm hearing a lot of Canelo & Oscar talking about GGG. And not hearing anything about Liam Smith really. I think that says more about this situation then anything you can take away from any particular article.

Comment

They know ducking Golovkin was a huge PR gamble and they're trying to minimize the potential damage of that move. They know they're wrong here.

I think they're doing an especially bad job of it. The best way to respond to the kind of blatant ducking that happened here is to push the "we have a potential deal for next year" angle so people are convinced the fight will happen. Instead they're kind of saying the ginger fraud will fight Golovkin eventually and trying to use him to sell the Smith fight, while also downplaying any reason to fight him at all.

Alvarez sounds like the biggest b*tch in boxing with every word he speaks about Golovkin.

Comment

yeah, thing is we have already seen Canelo lose...

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
              IDK if Canela can effectively emulate Floyd's antics in boasting sales. Two different characters and background.

See... too many chickens and putos on Canela's Instagram account.

well, that's exactly my point...
              he gains haters day-by-day and only if the half of them will buy hi next fight in hope to see him lose he will earn twice as much...
              Plus the GOlovkin fight will be also much bigger once they fight.

View the fight like a pig. You feed it, feed it, feed it and feed it and when it's finally full sized you cut it and eat it. The larger it gets, the more meat you get.
              Big fights are going by the same logic. They are marinating it intentionally to cash out for twice as much than if they would have done it like this September.
              Their pig isn't big enough yet so they keep feeding it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Golovkin and his team would also know about this and they also participate in the build up.

Of course as a boxing fan it sucks cause I'm impatient too and would want to see them fight now I wouldn't prefer to wait one more year or so but let's be honest, when it happen I'm gonna tune in anyways and that's the point for them. It's all business

Comment

I think one of the biggest misconceptions about Mayweather is that he wasn't popular and sold because he was hated. Mayweather was the most popular fighter in boxing, with only Pacquiao rivaling him. You don't sell like that off pure hatred. The crowds at his fights were full of oohing and aahing fans every time he landed a punch.

Also, Mayweather typically fought great fights that people wanted to see. That allowed him to keep selling despite the Pac fight not coming together. Yeah he had a couple Ortizes and Guerreros, but he never blatantly ducked anyone like Alvarez is ducking Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
                  yeah, thing is we have already seen Canelo lose...
                  Against Mayweather the other "hated villain" and it was 3-4 years ago. He can easily build up a villain persona after that...

An average Golovkin fan probably won't go back to watch the May vs Canelo fight again just to see Mayweather win easily, lol...

I imagine that the overlap between Mayweather and Golovkin fans is relatively small. (no not because race or etc... just opposite style of fighters), I'd think Golovkin and Pac fans have a large overlap so that's another reason why a loss to MAyweather isn't such a satisfaction to GGG fans.

Comment

well, that's exactly my point...
                    he gains haters day-by-day and only if the half of them will buy hi next fight in hope to see him lose he will earn twice as much...
                    Plus the GOlovkin fight will be also much bigger once they fight.

View the fight like a pig. You feed it, feed it, feed it and feed it and when it's finally full sized you cut it and eat it. The larger it gets, the more meat you get.
                    Big fights are going by the same logic. They are marinating it intentionally to cash out for twice as much than if they would have done it like this September.
                    Their pig isn't big enough yet so they keep feeding it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Golovkin and his team would also know about this and they also participate in the build up.

Of course as a boxing fan it sucks cause I'm impatient too and would want to see them fight now I wouldn't prefer to wait one more year or so but let's be honest, when it happen I'm gonna tune in anyways and that's the point for them. It's all business
                    As pointed out by another poster earlier, peeps already saw Canela lose a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I think one of the biggest misconceptions about Mayweather is that he wasn't popular and sold because he was hated. Mayweather was the most popular fighter in boxing, with only Pacquiao rivaling him. You don't sell like that off pure hatred. The crowds at his fights were full of oohing and aahing fans every time he landed a punch.

Also, Mayweather typically fought great fights that people wanted to see. That allowed him to keep selling despite the Pac fight not coming together. Yeah he had a couple Ortizes and Guerreros, but he never blatantly ducked anyone like Alvarez is ducking Golovkin.
                      I still see this as being the same angle. Of course the circumstances aren't totally the same.
                      and I also said that Canelo has many fans too

Comment

Working...
                      X